home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-17-2019, 03:11 AM   #31
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi3323 View Post
Got 2 Bedroom this morning for 12/16 to 12/23 ... up to last night standard view was available, but all of a sudden at 8am, poof .. gone .. so i got stuck with preferred.

Doing a trip with my two boys, my girlfriend, and her two kids .. so this will be a new experience for all of us (she needs to get onto the disney bandwagon real soon!!!! ha ha ha)

Very nice! May have to try to head down 12/22...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:07 AM   #32
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I've been watching Riviera since I want to switch at our 7 month window, which will open in late June.

Right now, Standard and Tower Studios are gone for the start of my dates. Fortunately, we want preferred, which has availability still, but now I'm nervous.

I suspect it would make sense to WL if Preferred is taken when our window opens since more units will likely be declared. But geesh!

Since that trip will be Epcot/Studios focused, we may give BCV or even BWV a try again if we can get a one bedroom. I don't want to stay in either with studios, but one bedrooms could be a nice incentive.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:12 AM   #33
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I've been watching Riviera since I want to switch at our 7 month window, which will open in late June.

Right now, Standard and Tower Studios are gone for the start of my dates. Fortunately, we want preferred, which has availability still, but now I'm nervous.

I suspect it would make sense to WL if Preferred is taken when our window opens since more units will likely be declared. But geesh!

Since that trip will be Epcot/Studios focused, we may give BCV or even BWV a try again if we can get a one bedroom. I don't want to stay in either with studios, but one bedrooms could be a nice incentive.

Dirk
Having those few “extra” points makes looking at 1 bedroom units as a realistic option, or splurge.....
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:15 AM   #34
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Having those few “extra” points makes looking at 1 bedroom units as a realistic option, or splurge.....
I thought about that for DRR, but a preferred 1 BR there is more than 100 points more than an Epcot resort.

I would consider standard view, but I think I want reports on the resort before I do that, and I'm sure they'll book faster than preferred. The biggest attraction for me, honestly, is gondolas and I know I can ride them regardless of where I stay, so I'll get to play with them. They will be my 5th theme park that trip.

I don't mind splurging for a 1 BR at a more traditional resort since the costs are much, much less. Heck, I could even be convinced to do an OKW 1 BR. They look really great! (And are the cheapest!)

Dirk

Old 06-01-2019, 09:46 AM   #35
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

I don't mind splurging for a 1 BR at a more traditional resort since the costs are much, much less. Heck, I could even be convinced to do an OKW 1 BR. They look really great! (And are the cheapest!)

Dirk
That’s more what I was thinking also....

We’re even considering an OKW 1 bedroom for an upcoming trip. We’ve never stayed there and the size of the rooms is very appealing.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:20 AM   #36
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Dirk
Me thinks someone got a taste of those 1 bedrooms and now there is no going back Well, except for a studio at DRR that is. Good luck at the 7 month window. Fingers crossed for you.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:53 AM   #37
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
Me thinks someone got a taste of those 1 bedrooms and now there is no going back Well, except for a studio at DRR that is. Good luck at the 7 month window. Fingers crossed for you.
Hah! There will definitely be more 1 BRs in out future. It was nice.

Funny thing, I'm not the least bit bothered about a studio for our upcoming SSR stay or for an AKL or CCV stay. DRR definitely on that list, too.

I won't do studios at BLT, BWV, BCV, or OKW. They aren't our favorite resorts even if they have amazing locations and a 1 BR would make up for what they lack elsewhere. I'm really interested in a 1 BR Boardwalk view at BWV to be honest, but probably outside of pool season since I don't like their pool.

Dirk

Old 06-03-2019, 07:56 AM   #38
gflatto
Two Bedroom

Default Room Requests?

I've been off the boards for various reasons the last 6 months. But am back now, and hoping for some help. We have reserved a 2BR at the Riviera for 12/20 - 12/24. It is a preferred view (standard view wasn't available). I'm afraid I'm not even sure what a preferred view is likely to be.

Any recommendations for room location that I should submit? I'm thinking High level, but other than that, don't know if there is anything I should consider.

Thanks!

Trips:
October, 1992 - Yacht Club - Honeymoon
May/June 2008 - BWV - New DVC Member
May/June 2009 - AKV (Kidani) and BCV
May/June 2010 - VWL
July 2010 - VGC
Christmas 2010 - BLT
May/June, 2011 - Dream Cruise and BWV
July 2011 - Grand Villa at Kidani!
October 2011 - BLT for MNSSHP
May/June 2012 - BCV
Christmas, 2012 - BLT
June, 2013 - AKV (Kidani) and BWV
December, 2013 - VGF and BLT
December, 2014 - BWV
June, 2015 - AKV (Kidani) and SSR
December, 2015 - Christmas Cruise on the Fantasy
October, 2016 - BLT
May/June 2017 - BWV
October, 2017 - AKV (Kidani) and CCV
June, 2018 - BWV (No kids!)
Next up: December, 2019 - Riviera and BLT
gflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #39
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Apparently, you CAN book Riviera rooms with post-1/19 points. I just did after I saw others saying they did. I used my post-1/19 VGC points to book a room at Riviera. This is a completely different UY than any other points I own too. Must be an IT glitch, but it’s there. Now, will they cancel the reservation once they “fix the glitch”? That, I don’t know.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #40
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Hah! There will definitely be more 1 BRs in out future. It was nice.

Funny thing, I'm not the least bit bothered about a studio for our upcoming SSR stay or for an AKL or CCV stay. DRR definitely on that list, too.

I won't do studios at BLT, BWV, BCV, or OKW. They aren't our favorite resorts even if they have amazing locations and a 1 BR would make up for what they lack elsewhere. I'm really interested in a 1 BR Boardwalk view at BWV to be honest, but probably outside of pool season since I don't like their pool.

Dirk
Nobody should ever do studios at those resorts!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote