home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2017, 09:36 AM   #11
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I would pay for this event for me and Robin.

Why?

Because I get a guaranteed "prime" seat for the show.
Because Robin can not stand for extended periods of time, but rather not use a wheelchair.
Because it includes alcohol and snacks.
Because there are times we want to be treated special.

If this party is held on Dec 31, as it states below.....I would be all over this party.
Do you get seats for the show? That would do it for me, too - I have the same problem as Robin.

I thought there were seats only for the dessert portion. Sounds like that part is in the courtyard of the Chinese Theater. Wouldn't that area be too close to see the show? I wouldn't mind standing for the show, but seats would be awesome and well worth the price for me, at least once.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:45 AM   #12
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Do you get seats for the show? That would do it for me, too - I have the same problem as Robin.

I thought there were seats only for the dessert portion. Sounds like that part is in the courtyard of the Chinese Theater. Wouldn't that area be too close to see the show? I wouldn't mind standing for the show, but seats would be awesome and well worth the price for me, at least once.
Ok....My bad, no guaranteed seats.

a few tables with seats at the dessert portion, dedicated viewing area for the show.

Looks like it would have to be a chair situation for us to attend.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #13
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

The Disneyworld website says there is banquet style seating and that you may be seated with others. Sounds to me like everyone gets a seat in the courtyard right outside the ride for the dessert part of the party. My assumption is that we then get to go to the reserved area for the show, probably the same area that the STAR Wars dessert parties use.

That will work for me. Maybe that will work for Robin, too. I don't think the show lasts much more than 15 or 20 minutes.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:09 AM   #14
coastak
Grand Villa

Quote:
The Disneyworld website says there is banquet style seating and that you may be seated with others. Sounds to me like everyone gets a seat in the courtyard right outside the ride for the dessert part of the party. My assumption is that we then get to go to the reserved area for the show, probably the same area that the STAR Wars dessert parties use.

That will work for me. Maybe that will work for Robin, too. I don't think the show lasts much more than 15 or 20 minutes.
Yes, enough seating for everyone during the dessert party with buffet style food and drink options. You then walk to the roped of seating area just before the show
coastak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 07:07 PM   #15
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Why?

Because Robin can not stand for extended periods of time, but rather not use a wheelchair.

If this party is held on Dec 31, as it states below.....I would be all over this party.

Makes sense to me...

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastak View Post
Yes, enough seating for everyone during the dessert party with buffet style food and drink options. You then walk to the roped of seating area just before the show

Yup, exactly.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #16
Fmer55
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Why?

It is available as of last week and we are signed up

We always look for something special for NYE since none of the girls can make it to midnight yet. Last year was the Villains party, which I am sad to say is discontinued, it was the single best event we have attended as a family in WDW.

DH, me(Mike)MOD136, DW DD11DD8
Fmer55 is online now   Reply With Quote