home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #31
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post

I did it because you missed my other 2 points which you later re-stated.

Originally Posted by lovindisney

Sounds to me like one of the following is going on

-owner miscalculated the date
- owner was speaking of 7 month window but said UY

-trip crossed over 2 UY worth of points and owner had to wait for points

If you do it online, it does. See below.

Yes, you are.

see above

If you try to book a reservation from an April UY 2017 points for a reservation such as below the system will not let you do it. I just attempted to book it and have copied and pasted the response. Sure, I can call MS. The point I am making is that the owner the OP is referring to did not have his/her facts straight. Perhaps they did something such as this online and never bothered to call MS, just told the OP they had to wait another month to get the points. I don't know. The owner sounds ill-informed to me.

When will you be staying with us?
Check In 3/29/2018
Check Out 4/5/2018
Please Note: Booking dates and time are based on Eastern Time
Your travel dates may not overlap two Use Years. Please contact Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to help you book your stay.
Except the crossing UY's is not about "waiting for points". As mentioned a CM can do it so that demonstrates it's not waiting for points. There is something about online - probably somebody felt it was too confusing for owners - but that was a programmers or management decision to prohibit it online and make an owner wait on a new 11 or 7 month window to open up. As with all reservations it's about the booking window, not about waiting for points to be deposited.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #32
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Except the crossing UY's is not about "waiting for points". As mentioned a CM can do it so that demonstrates it's not waiting for points. There is something about online - probably somebody felt it was too confusing for owners - but that was a programmers or management decision to prohibit it online and make an owner wait on a new 11 or 7 month window to open up. As with all reservations it's about the booking window, not about waiting for points to be deposited.
Oh, I know that. But from the sounds of what the OP is saying, it doesn't sound if the owner knows. That is my point. Either that or he used it as an excuse.
lovindisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 06:42 PM   #33
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

When I wrote that, I was doing it from the mindset of what the OP said the owner had told him - not what I know. Maybe that makes it more clear? Guess I should have written it differently but I was trying to think of how the owner could have come up with what he told the OP.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:16 PM   #34
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
When I wrote that, I was doing it from the mindset of what the OP said the owner had told him - not what I know. Maybe that makes it more clear? Guess I should have written it differently but I was trying to think of how the owner could have come up with what he told the OP.
No I get you now! Text can be difficult sometimes. What is in our mind only goes to text, no facial expressions or tones to get. What you said makes sense to me
Old 08-11-2017, 09:51 PM   #35
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
No I get you now! Text can be difficult sometimes. What is in our mind only goes to text, no facial expressions or tones to get. What you said makes sense to me