home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-23-2021, 10:18 PM   #181
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Yes, we had a similar experience, twice. Home warranties did not pay for anything- they found loopholes.
Yep, never again!
Plus the last plumber they sent was rude, nasty and a liar.
After he disqualified my AHS warranty repair as excessive wear and something he hasnít seen in over 20 years, he offered to fix for $1k. I still had to pay the deductible and pay again if I wanted a second opinion.

Thank you Lamima for sharing your journey with us all. I am on similar path to retirement and all this is very helpful even with the issues.
Also reason to start early as you are not rushed to make a decision that is not right for you.
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:51 PM   #182
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Booo is right.
So sorry.

Last I knew they were unborrowing. Iím not 100% sure but ask. Iím sure that will stop eventually.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:58 PM   #183
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Read another thread.
Rules go back to normal May 1st. I’m tired. I hope that’s not wrong.

Edit: Except the 50% borrowing rule still remains in place.

Last edited by Eeyorelover22; 02-23-2021 at 11:18 PM.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:28 PM   #184
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

The house we were trying to buy went UNpending last night after we did the cancel doc. And tonight it is already listed as pending again. I am glad for them. Felt bad that they had wasted 20 days on us.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): 8/31-9/2 AKV (club) & 9/2-7 BCV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:39 PM   #185
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
The house we were trying to buy went UNpending last night after we did the cancel doc. And tonight it is already listed as pending again. I am glad for them. Felt bad that they had wasted 20 days on us.
Don't feel bad since real estate transactions are not about being friends with the seller.
Things happen for a reason and if the property was overpriced you walked away for that reason.
Now that the air conditioner has been discovered hopefully the seller will make restitution since it is a disclosed issue for the next buyer who may have deeper pockets and you have the option to find another exciting property!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:44 PM   #186
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Don't feel bad since real estate transactions are not about being friends with the seller.
Things happen for a reason and if the property was overpriced you walked away for that reason.
Now that the air conditioner has been discovered hopefully the seller will make restitution since it is a disclosed issue for the next buyer who may have deeper pockets and you have the option to find another exciting property!
They had the AC replaced a few days ago and added that to the listing. That was a reason why they didn't seem too interested in eating the price difference. They spent $4500 on the AC.

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s): 8/31-9/2 AKV (club) & 9/2-7 BCV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:14 PM   #187
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Sorry to hear the deal fell through. What a rollercoaster.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:56 PM   #188
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Just caught up with this thread.

I am so sorry to see that your home sale fell through. I always interpret events like those as fate, and it wasn't meant to be.