home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-04-2019, 07:02 PM   #2151
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkammerer View Post
Hello all! I joined because I'm looking at renting DVC points in fall 2020 and have a steep learning curve before I understand all the new lingo/jargon/processes that come with DVC world! Seems like a wonderful, helpful community so far!
Welcome Kat!
beansprout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:06 PM   #2152
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrystal81 View Post
Hello!

My name is Chrystal and reside in Saint Louis. Iím a mommy to 3 children ages 16, 2 and 6 months! I joined because I am looking to take my children to Disneyworld to celebrate their birthdays and want to give them the full Disney experience. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Chrystal
Quote:
Originally Posted by katkammerer View Post
Hello all! I joined because I'm looking at renting DVC points in fall 2020 and have a steep learning curve before I understand all the new lingo/jargon/processes that come with DVC world! Seems like a wonderful, helpful community so far!

Welcome aboard to both of you.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:26 PM   #2153
Brewers2020
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Hi Everyone!

I'm new to DVC and we're looking to rent before buying into in a few years. We have gone usually every 2 years so I'm not sure if buying into DVC is something that would actually be worth doing. We've always stayed at value resorts and next fall would be our first time at someone's home resort. I'm super excited to try something new at Disney.

My wife and I have 3 kids, 11, 8, and 16 months. Any advice from the pros?
Brewers2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:58 AM   #2154
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewers2020 View Post
I'm new to DVC and we're looking to rent before buying into in a few years. We have gone usually every 2 years so I'm not sure if buying into DVC is something that would actually be worth doing. We've always stayed at value resorts and next fall would be our first time at someone's home resort. I'm super excited to try something new at Disney.

Welcome aboard.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:20 AM   #2155
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:

Welcome to MO!!!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:05 AM   #2156
Jawfish
One Bedroom

Quote:

Welcome. Jump in and read up on renting for your first DVC experience. When it comes to buying, there are many ways to enjoy DVC without having to go every single year. For instance, you can buy only what you need for 2 years by buying half and then banking/borrowing to only go every other year.

Two of the biggest tips? Buy where you want to stay and buy more points that you think you need.

1971 Offsite
1987 Offsite
1995 Offsite
1999 Offsite
2010 Fort Wilderness
2012 Fort Wilderness
2014 DAAR (May)
2015 Became DVC Owners
2015 PVB (Oct - 1st DVC Trip)
2016 PVB (May - Honeymoon)
2017 BLT (May - Pandora Preview)
2017 AK / PVB (Nov)
2018 PVB (Sep)
2018 Offsite (Dec)
2019 Offsite (May)
2019 SSR (Aug - SW:GE Preview)
2019 PVB (Sep)

2019 DL Cali Offsite (Oct)
2019 PVB (Dec)
2020 PVB (May)
Jawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #2157
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Welcome to MO! DVC is perfect for families that want to visit every other year. I wish we were that family and didn't want to go EVERY year. Then, we would have more than enough points. So, is DVC right for you...
Do you love values and/or moderates? If yes, then maybe DVC is not for you. For us, we enjoyed both until our kids started getting older. We stayed offsite one year in a 3 bedroom condo and after that, no more values or moderates for us. Some things we considered when researching DVC:

*Resale was our best friend and the route we took. At the time, a direct purchase was not something we entertained-too expensive for what we were willing to pay.
*Maintenance fees are forever and only increase each (most) years.
*We purchased a resort based on where we love to stay the most; for us that was Wilderness Lodge. Our oldest son and DIL purchased at a resort that made the most economical sense which was Saratoga Springs.
*DVC is NOT an investment and should not be viewed as such. Perks (discounts on merchandise, eg) are not guaranteed and should never be considered when deciding how to purchase (direct or resale).
We LOVE our DVC and purchase and the only regret is not buying sooner. On your next visit, you should consider visiting as many of the DVC properties as you can just to get a feel for the difference in resorts.

Best of Luck!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote