home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 02:17 PM   #11
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Cirque filed for bankruptcy protection. So much crap in 2020.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:24 PM   #12
chrisvee
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Oh no.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:40 PM   #13
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Just received an email from Cirque, which they have sent to Cirque Club members. I will simply share the content. I have verified that a bankruptcy situation is in progress, but of course I am not qualified to comment on it. (And if I were, I couldn't!)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear amazing Cirque Club members,

To us, you are more than a fan. You are family! The hope of again seeing your smiling face in the audience is what keeps us going every day.

For now, our performances are paused, and as you may have heard, we—like most in the live entertainment industry—are experiencing difficult times. Rest assured that we are pursuing the best options that will allow us to resume our business activities as soon as possible.

This is only an intermission. Soon the spotlights will come back on, illuminating the stage in celebration, and the sound of cheering will echo—not just from the audience, but also from the stage—as we celebrate our return, together!

For as sure as the sun rises every day, Cirque du Soleil will return, brighter than ever.

While we wait for performances to start up again and for the Cirque du Soleil sun to rise again in your city, please continue to enjoy the exciting content on Cirque Connect and join us every Friday at 3 p.m. ET for our #CirqueConnect specials. Come connect with us at https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/cirqueconnect

For more information about our shows and activities, please visit our website at https://www.cirquedusoleil.com For questions, visit our FAQ section at https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/faq or email us at contact@cirquedusoleil.com

We will see you soon ❤!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:42 PM   #14
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Wow
Old 06-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #15
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

This just breaks my heart. We absolutely love Cirque. I wish they were performing when we are there in September. We would for sure support them.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:50 PM   #16
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
This just breaks my heart. We absolutely love Cirque. I wish they were performing when we are there in September. We would for sure support them.
I just hope we have a chance to, either via performance or direct contribution. They have already turned down my money once, but would they do it again?

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:55 PM   #17
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I just hope we have a chance to, either via performance or direct contribution. They have already turned down my money once, but would they do it again?
I wonder since they are a business if they are not allowed to take donations? I have no idea.

I’ve seen several of their performances outside of WDW and they are always amazing.

We will have to make plans for November to see them.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:23 PM   #18
PurrfectPrincess
One Bedroom

Terminations at Cirque du Soleil...https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-employees.htm
PurrfectPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote