home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-14-2022, 10:24 AM   #31
Raspus
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
At least you didn't eat the spicy hot dog before riding GotG

Glad you enjoyed it!
Glad I didnít get sick but I did enjoy the spicy hot dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat08 View Post
Great pics - looks like you are having beautiful sunny days!
Thanks, the weather was beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Glad you made it home. I laughed at your loss of a pound! Good job!

Nice report. Thank you.
My wife seems to have found my pound! Glad you enjoyed the report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Thanks again for taking the time on another wonderful trip report!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxmom View Post
Made reservations today for next spring and our first Flower and Garden Festival.

Thanks so much for posting your trip report. I'm really looking forward to seeing this for myself!
Thanks, youíll really enjoy it. The flowers and the topiaries are beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's Nana View Post
What a nice trip report - thanks for sharing!

We have never been to WDW during Flower and Garden as we thought Spring Break time would be crowded. Sounds like it might be well worth a try!

So glad you had a wonderful time!
Thanks glad you enjoyed the report. Early May is a nice time to go. Most of the spring break crowds seem to be gone.

Quote:
Itís my favorite festival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Our favorite too.
We like all the festivals but the Flower and Garden is the most beautiful.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:46 AM   #32
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Glad you made it home. I laughed at your loss of a pound! Good job!

Nice report. Thank you.
So did I and I agree! Great report to read!
Old 05-14-2022, 12:03 PM   #33
Raspus
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
So did I and I agree! Great report to read!
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 05-14-2022, 12:15 PM   #34
Raspus
Grand Villa

I forget to mention this in the report. Just about everywhere we purchased something they wanted to see my expired DVC card in order to get the discount. This was true especially when we were activating our AP renewal certificates. At a UK gift store and at one of the kiosks they wanted to see the dvc y on my phone. Just a word of caution you might want to still carry the old expired blue card.

Seeing that most of the CMs wanted to see the blue card I wish Disney would simply reissue it. Would make things simpler.
Old 05-15-2022, 11:47 AM   #35
wdw1972
Grand Villa

Thanks for your wonderful report - enjoyed it very much!

wdw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:03 PM   #36
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspus View Post
My wife and I leave tomorrow for our Flower and Garden trip. We are staying at BWV in a studio. Our first time in a studio at BWV. The only thing I have planned is to ride Guardians of the Galaxy. As I get motion sickness not sure I will go through with it. Weíll see. The weather is supposed to be great. Canít wait to get out of our rainy and chilly weather.

Will try to post daily updates while there.
I hope you have a wonderful trip. Just got back from a week at BWV late last night.
Adult daughter and I each had our own studio. She stayed in her same room even though used 2 different memberships to book. I had to switch 3 times in a week (different categories as I pieced together this trip). All our studios were wonderful as usual. Little things needed looking at (bulb in makeup mirror etc) but were immaterial. We had wonderful peace and quiet and the Front Desk CM's were their usual very kind and helpful selves. We stay here a lot even though my home resort is across the lake.

The week was crowded at the Parks but not BWV. Peaceful.

Hope your stay is also. Enjoy!
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:57 AM   #37
Raspus
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdw1972 View Post
Thanks for your wonderful report - enjoyed it very much!
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
I hope you have a wonderful trip. Just got back from a week at BWV late last night.
Adult daughter and I each had our own studio. She stayed in her same room even though used 2 different memberships to book. I had to switch 3 times in a week (different categories as I pieced together this trip). All our studios were wonderful as usual. Little things needed looking at (bulb in makeup mirror etc) but were immaterial. We had wonderful peace and quiet and the Front Desk CM's were their usual very kind and helpful selves. We stay here a lot even though my home resort is across the lake.

The week was crowded at the Parks but not BWV. Peaceful.

Hope your stay is also. Enjoy!
We had a nice and relaxing trip. We like staying at BWV for the festivals. Glad you had a nice trip.
Old 05-17-2022, 06:25 PM   #38
BEAM4DVC
Two Bedroom

Quote:
I forget to mention this in the report. Just about everywhere we purchased something they wanted to see my expired DVC card in order to get the discount. This was true especially when we were activating our AP renewal certificates. At a UK gift store and at one of the kiosks they wanted to see the dvc y on my phone. Just a word of caution you might want to still carry the old expired blue card.

Seeing that most of the CMs wanted to see the blue card I wish Disney would simply reissue it. Would make things simpler.

With regard to the DVC Blue Card, when my husband pulled his card out toward the beginning of our trip, the CM told him "We can't do anything with the physical card anymore. We can only use the digital one." A completely different response than the one you received!!

We were there last week too - May 6 to 15! The weather was spectacular!! I really appreciated the lack of rain (with the exception of the storm that rolled through on Friday as we were getting ready to head to Yachtsman), because I broke both of my wrists in a fall on the Saturday before Easter!!! I never had to worry about covering my cast and splint!

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and definitely did not want to leave the magic!!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:45 PM   #39
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

Quote:

Same! It just depends on the CM you get. Some wanted to see my blue card & others wanted to see it on my phone.

I did find it somewhat humorous when we were up in the lounge the number of members waiting for help from the CMs at the desk to find their blue card on their phones.
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:36 AM   #40
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM4DVC View Post
With regard to the DVC Blue Card, when my husband pulled his card out toward the beginning of our trip, the CM told him "We can't do anything with the physical card anymore. We can only use the digital one." A completely different response than the one you received!!

We were there last week too - May 6 to 15! The weather was spectacular!! I really appreciated the lack of rain (with the exception of the storm that rolled through on Friday as we were getting ready to head to Yachtsman), because I broke both of my wrists in a fall on the Saturday before Easter!!! I never had to worry about covering my cast and splint!

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and definitely did not want to leave the magic!!
We were there May 4 to 11. When we went to a marketplace kiosk to purchase items I brought up a screen capture of the temporary card printed at home + annual pass + drivers license. The cast member wouldn't accept the DVC card with June expiration then educated me on how to bring it up in MDE (4 steps) vs screenshot of 2 steps.
I had to remind her that I had the AP on the same photo to which she replied: Oh, okay.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote