home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-24-2022, 08:09 PM   #51
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Just got an email about Genie for our trip next week. I sent a reply.

Genie is terrible. Genie+ is terrible. Individual lightning lanes are terrible. Just a big money grab. How's your stock price doing? Record number of people selling there DVC contracts? This must be from all the great changes/decisions you have made and continue to diminish the experience we used to look forward too.
Ooh! I hope we get an email before our trip in less than 2 weeks. I would love to let them know how I feel about all these changes.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:09 PM   #52
blueviper
Studio

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the Disney Parks executive decision meetings, and the DVC meetings, since many of the policies they are implementing are increasing money flow based on society's allure of "Disney Quality"

.....but I wonder if it'll eventually cheapen the "allure" in the coming decades, and drive down long-term demand once society doesn't view it as the golden standard.

Just my two cents. It's always interesting seeing how long-term brands' images change over the decades. Some of the biggest brands from 100 years ago are completely unknown, while others still exists in full swings, and others just limp along.

I am lucky enough to have an amazing family that loves Disney as much as I do (if not more)!

You can also find me in Sawickipedia's MO DVC Rental List:
http://bit.ly/SawickipediasDVCRentalList
blueviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:10 AM   #53
cali09
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Any rumors on when they'll sell renewals?
All I have read to this point is there were a few unusual cases where the AP Key renewal was coming up in the next month or two and were told renewals were not available. The bulk of them will be up for renewal starting in August.

Speculation is that Disney has not decided yet how to handle the situation and that it is being influenced by the lawsuit.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 06:14 AM   #54
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
All I have read to this point is there were a few unusual cases where the AP Key renewal was coming up in the next month or two and were told renewals were not available. The bulk of them will be up for renewal starting in August.

Speculation is that Disney has not decided yet how to handle the situation and that it is being influenced by the lawsuit.
That's all I had heard as well. Still crappy to the few affected by that.
Old 05-13-2022, 04:34 PM   #55
bookworm
One Bedroom

I have been watching this month and the number of contracts entering the market is still well above average as is the number that are being sold, though on average based on the aggregating site for every 10 coming on the market only 9 are selling each day so the total number of available contracts continues to grow.

The one striking think I have noticed is that the percent of smaller contracts coming to market is far greater than it was a few years ago

With ROFR as it is the very large contracts are being listed with a smaller discount than they historically had.

I have also noticed that many more Vero contracts are showing up than Hilton Head. While Vero always had a small lead now it looks like close to 2 to 1
bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:11 PM   #56
sawickipedia
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
I have been watching this month and the number of contracts entering the market is still well above average as is the number that are being sold, though on average based on the aggregating site for every 10 coming on the market only 9 are selling each day so the total number of available contracts continues to grow.

The one striking think I have noticed is that the percent of smaller contracts coming to market is far greater than it was a few years ago

With ROFR as it is the very large contracts are being listed with a smaller discount than they historically had.

I have also noticed that many more Vero contracts are showing up than Hilton Head. While Vero always had a small lead now it looks like close to 2 to 1
I'm amazed at the prices still - good for us if we ever need to sell - hopefully not!

for disney news - check out/follow my disney twitter list of leading WDW news sites

home resorts: bwv/blt/pvb/aul/riv
1982 - PR / 1984 - PR / 2012 - PR / 2014 - DL (off-resort) / 2015 - POR / 2017 - POR / 2018 - BCV & BWV/ 2019 - BWV & BWV / 2020 - RIV, PVB & BWV / 2021 - BWV, RiV, BWV

NEXT TRiP Easter 2022 BWV
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:13 PM   #57
sawickipedia
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3riviera View Post
wow, not that long ago you could buy SSR direct for 127 USD per point

up through 12 May 2021, you could get 500-999 points for 137 USD per point and 1,000+ points for 127 USD per point

my how the times have changed!
I in 2018/19 I tried to buy *6* SSR resales contracts between $90-95 all were ROFR - those would be sweet today!

for disney news - check out/follow my disney twitter list of leading WDW news sites

home resorts: bwv/blt/pvb/aul/riv
1982 - PR / 1984 - PR / 2012 - PR / 2014 - DL (off-resort) / 2015 - POR / 2017 - POR / 2018 - BCV & BWV/ 2019 - BWV & BWV / 2020 - RIV, PVB & BWV / 2021 - BWV, RiV, BWV

NEXT TRiP Easter 2022 BWV
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:42 AM   #58
MinnieSueB
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
I in 2018/19 I tried to buy *6* SSR resales contracts between $90-95 all were ROFR - those would be sweet today!
During the shutdown, I was able to get SSR at $90 (April '20) b/c they were not ROFR anything - was very fortunate.
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:48 AM   #59
bookworm
One Bedroom

Over the last week there has been a noticeable slow down in new contracts coming to market, while sales have remained at previous rate which has resulted in about a 6% drop in inventory.
bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:41 AM   #60
Jesper
One Bedroom

We've had a SSR contract listed for over two months now. Not received one offer. It's around 100 points and listed at $135 PP.