home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 05-10-2022, 07:10 PM   #11
Don Munsil
Grand Villa
 
Don Munsil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,123
Default

In the past, you could absolutely buy a ticket and upgrade it to any annual pass you wanted, even if you'd used the tickets on a date that was blacked out for that pass. However, Disney closed that loophole when they instituted the new Annual Pass program. I can verify that it no longer works.

In fact, you can't upgrade to a pass if ANY valid date for your ticket is blacked out for that pass, even if you didn't use the ticket on a blacked-out date. I'm not sure if that's the intended behavior, so it's possible that will change going forward.
Don Munsil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:07 AM   #12
pooh bears mom
Add-on Aficionado
 
pooh bears mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: RI
Posts: 5,072
Default

I have also read it does not work - it is a loophole that asks has since been closed. I beleive it was last year. It is as Don said if your pass does not cover the blackout dates then the ticket you buy cannot be used towards the renewal. I doubt they will revert this back as it forces you to either upgrade your pass, buy a ticket for a couple days.
__________________
pooh bears mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:19 AM   #13
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado
 
cmrdgrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 12 Grimmauld Pl
Posts: 8,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Munsil View Post
In the past, you could absolutely buy a ticket and upgrade it to any annual pass you wanted, even if you'd used the tickets on a date that was blacked out for that pass. However, Disney closed that loophole when they instituted the new Annual Pass program. I can verify that it no longer works.

In fact, you can't upgrade to a pass if ANY valid date for your ticket is blacked out for that pass, even if you didn't use the ticket on a blacked-out date. I'm not sure if that's the intended behavior, so it's possible that will change going forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I have also read it does not work - it is a loophole that asks has since been closed. I beleive it was last year. It is as Don said if your pass does not cover the blackout dates then the ticket you buy cannot be used towards the renewal. I doubt they will revert this back as it forces you to either upgrade your pass, buy a ticket for a couple days.
Great information. Thank you both.
__________________
Carolyn

Where I'm Going 2022:
Grand Californian - Sunday, January 2 - Friday, January 7, 2022
Aulani - Friday, January 7 - Sunday, January 16, 2022
Hilton Head - Thursday, June 30 - Friday, July 15, 2022
Beach Club - Sunday, July 31 - Tuesday, August 9, 2022
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:00 PM   #14
Kerri jo
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,575
Default

FWIW, a slightly different ticketing issue to be aware of is the new restriction on upgrading from Sorcerer with blackout dates to Incredipass with no blackout dates, unless you do it as your renewal. We had a DVC Gold AP and when it came time to renew, we weren't sure if the Sorcerer blackout dates would be an issue. Guest Relations at each park gave a consistent response (which rarely happens) that if we renew as Sorcerer, it was not going to be possible to upgrade to Incredipass until the following year's renewal. YMMV.
__________________
2022 ~ BLT, AUL, PVB, Contemporary, BRV, AUL; 2021 ~ SSR, BCV, SSR, PVB, POP, SSR, BWV, RIV, BLT, PVB; 2020 ~ AUL, BCV, BWV; 2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:44 PM   #15
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa
 
Mickeyfan0805's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
FWIW, a slightly different ticketing issue to be aware of is the new restriction on upgrading from Sorcerer with blackout dates to Incredipass with no blackout dates, unless you do it as your renewal. We had a DVC Gold AP and when it came time to renew, we weren't sure if the Sorcerer blackout dates would be an issue. Guest Relations at each park gave a consistent response (which rarely happens) that if we renew as Sorcerer, it was not going to be possible to upgrade to Incredipass until the following year's renewal. YMMV.
Interesting. Hadn't heard this, but it doesn't surprise me. Disney doesn't want people buying Sorcerer and then only upgrading if they need it. They want anyone who might use it on a blockout date to be forced to buy the Incredipass at the outset.

No penny ever left on the table!
__________________
Mickeyfan0805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:43 PM   #16
Kerri jo
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
Interesting. Hadn't heard this, but it doesn't surprise me. Disney doesn't want people buying Sorcerer and then only upgrading if they need it. They want anyone who might use it on a blockout date to be forced to buy the Incredipass at the outset.

No penny ever left on the table!
It pained me to pay full price for our four upgrade renewals, and I'm not sure I would have renewed at all if the sale of new passes wasn't suspended. Since I used gift cards, I had to renew by phone through the VIPassholders line. The CM told me it didn't seem very magical to charge DVC owners full price and suggested to check with Guest Relations during our next visit to see if they would apply a Florida passholder discount to the Incredipasses given the circumstances of being DVC and not having a discount offer for a pass that didn't involve blackout dates. Hmmm, DVC Members haven't had the discount for APs without blackout dates for awhile, and I'm certainly not holding my breath that this CM had accurate advice. Since it only takes a few minutes to check later this month, my fingers are crossed for some DVC love and pixie dust!
__________________
2022 ~ BLT, AUL, PVB, Contemporary, BRV, AUL; 2021 ~ SSR, BCV, SSR, PVB, POP, SSR, BWV, RIV, BLT, PVB; 2020 ~ AUL, BCV, BWV; 2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:28 AM   #17
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado
 
JaxFLBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 8,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
FWIW, a slightly different ticketing issue to be aware of is the new restriction on upgrading from Sorcerer with blackout dates to Incredipass with no blackout dates, unless you do it as your renewal. We had a DVC Gold AP and when it came time to renew, we weren't sure if the Sorcerer blackout dates would be an issue. Guest Relations at each park gave a consistent response (which rarely happens) that if we renew as Sorcerer, it was not going to be possible to upgrade to Incredipass until the following year's renewal. YMMV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
Interesting. Hadn't heard this, but it doesn't surprise me. Disney doesn't want people buying Sorcerer and then only upgrading if they need it. They want anyone who might use it on a blockout date to be forced to buy the Incredipass at the outset.

No penny ever left on the table!
Disney has not been allowing mid-cycle upgrades of Annual Passes since they stopped selling new APs. It may or may not change when they start selling new ones again.
__________________
Michael
JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software