home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-01-2022, 08:00 PM   #41
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Thread drift anyone? Especially the um, err, persons, idio…., jer….,oh well, guy, gal…… however it was that called Mindy a yank!?!?

Fries. French fries. I like them. Everywhere. Undercooked, okay, crispy, better. Ketchup, yes please!
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 09:44 PM   #42
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Fries. French fries. I like them. Everywhere. Undercooked, okay, crispy, better. Ketchup, yes please!
We can be friends.

Cold, though, like "next-day" cold...I might have to draw the line. Although popping them in the microwave for a few seconds turns them into limp soggy hot ketchup holders
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:24 PM   #43
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adelard of Bath View Post
We can be friends.

Cold, though, like "next-day" cold...I might have to draw the line. Although popping them in the microwave for a few seconds turns them into limp soggy hot ketchup holders
When there cold I cut the up and put them in a frying pan.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:03 AM   #44
johnb
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
I call those Five Guys Home Fries, because we always have leftover fries when we get Five Guys.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:31 AM   #45
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Yes, that works very well, I get even better results in the air fryer...but usually I don't want to do all that and thus the microwave sogginess.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 11:35 PM   #46
hlyntunstl
Two Bedroom

I ate there last week and loved it. I had the French Bistro Burger no mushrooms and the rest of my group had the American Burger. We all loved the meal…including the fries in keeping with the thread drift. I also had the Apple pie milkshake which was tasty but not something I would get again. The Mediterranean salad looked really good and I was sorry I didn’t try that.

The only issue I had was with mobile ordering. Somehow, the order was triggered before I was there so, by the time we actually got to the counter, they threw it away. I tried to ask what happened so I knew what not to do in the future but no one could answer. Because of my special order, it took a while to get a replacement but it was still a great meal.

This was the only place where I had an issue with mobile ordering this trip so I chalked it up to a “new restaurant” thing.
hlyntunstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:33 AM   #47
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

We ate there last week and had a positive experience. I had the chicken sandwich, which was mildly reminiscent of a Chik-fil-A sandwich. DS had the chicken strips and they were basically the same as all the others in the park. We enjoyed the open space many windows, our mobile order was ready quite quickly, and we enjoyed it.

I'm not in love with the expectation to sort all of our items for disposal, but it's a quick-service meal and means that not as much is ending up in a landfill, so I'll live with it.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:37 AM   #48
pdude81
Grand Villa

This is one thing I missed out on this last trip. Was looking forward to it but just never happened.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:35 PM   #49
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I really am surprised with how much I like the look of the new place. Food options look solid too. I will be happy to have this in Epcot for sure.
We thought the Connections Cafe was wonderful. Shockingly large as is the new Starbucks. We weren't hungry so (adult) DD2 and I had a strawberry waffle. It was fantastic and we can't stop talking about it. We stood there and watched them make it (large glass enclosed area) and gave the ladies making them a big thumbs up.

Positively coming back for more. It's small but only $5 and well worth it. I bet they'll raise the price as it gets more well known. Don't care, will pay. 8)

You won't regret trying it. Loved the entire atmosphere. So large I felt like we could actually breathe in there. (Disney was VERY crowded for us this past week....got back late last night).
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:47 PM   #50
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
We thought the Connections Cafe was wonderful. Shockingly large as is the new Starbucks. We weren't hungry so (adult) DD2 and I had a strawberry waffle. It was fantastic and we can't stop talking about it. We stood there and watched them make it (large glass enclosed area) and gave the ladies making them a big thumbs up.

Positively coming back for more. It's small but only $5 and well worth it. I bet they'll raise the price as it gets more well known. Don't care, will pay. 8)

You won't regret trying it. Loved the entire atmosphere. So large I felt like we could actually breathe in there. (Disney was VERY crowded for us this past week....got back late last night).
Thank you for the review! We seriously are looking forward to trying this out in a few weeks.