home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-08-2021, 07:10 PM   #151
jnoel
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
To be honest Iíve only used it with my watch and with the watch thereís no need to activate anything. I just tapped my watch on the reader and it lets me in. You may have to do the whole double tap thing on the phone but still kick ass as far as Iím concerned. Keeping track of the oyster card is a pain in the ass if you donít live there. I believe there are some subway system is in the US using it now too. I believe New York is one but I refuse to ride that system.

So I just looked it up and it should work the same way on the iPhone. Should should not even have to wake up the phone.
jnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:12 PM   #152
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

[quote=brp;1698643]
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Android later this month

Cheers.
The one person who doesn't need a mobile phone at Disney. (just a download...)
Old 04-08-2021, 07:14 PM   #153
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
To be honest Iíve only used it with my watch and with the watch thereís no need to activate anything. I just tapped my watch on the reader and it lets me in. You may have to do the whole double tap thing on the phone but still kick ass as far as Iím concerned. Keeping track of the oyster card is a pain in the ass if you donít live there. I believe there are some subway system is in the US using it now too. I believe New York is one but I refuse to ride that system.
I just kept the Oyster in a travel pouch (repurposed airline amenity kit). Wasn't bad, but this is easier.

Love me some NYC subway. Then again, I grew up on it when it was actually sketchy. At least as of last October, no tap yet, but a refillable card anway. Maybe they've improved further.

Cheers.