home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-06-2021, 01:01 PM   #171
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

I noticed we were offered A List until June's end. Is this a special promotion that I missed? Does this mean I should not have purchased the early bird?
Old 04-06-2021, 01:06 PM   #172
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
I noticed we were offered A List until June's end. Is this a special promotion that I missed? Does this mean I should not have purchased the early bird?
Yeah, already posted by a couple of people in this thread. A promotion, as you sau.

Cheers.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:27 PM   #173
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
They do not allow people having two reservations. They will allow you book two flights, but after a day or so, the system will cancel the extra reservations. This is setup so you can book multiple flights to temporarily hold them, but will free up the extra flights if you don't remove them.

There is only one way to book two seats at a time, but its with special coding, for special needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
AA are the same. Even with reservation Holds. The duplicate Hold will stick for a bit, but then one gets cancelled. With the whole security name match stuff, this is different from hotels where one can have multiple reservations indefinitely.

Cheers.
Thanks for the information. This is something I didn't know before and just assumed they wouldn't allow up front if there was an issue. I learned this one the hard way, but thankfully I noticed it within a few days and was able to call in before BS was filled up.

It took 45 or so minutes on the phone after the call back, but they honored my original price on the Business select tickets and then added companion for me. Some of the bookings haven't updated yet on the website but I got all my confirmation/cancellation emails.

I'll give myself a two facepalm salute
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:46 PM   #174
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
I know several ppl have mentioned this promotion, but it doesnít look like I was offered this promotion, so I donít know what criteria they used for determining who is eligible. Our next flight (the first in over a year) leaves on June 30th. Only my husband has A list on that reservation, but he had A list pre-pandemic because of work travel, so
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:03 PM   #175
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
I know several ppl have mentioned this promotion, but it doesnít look like I was offered this promotion, so I donít know what criteria they used for determining who is eligible. Our next flight (the first in over a year) leaves on June 30th. Only my husband has A list on that reservation, but he had A list pre-pandemic because of work travel, so
To see this offer I was signed into my account and it was on the bottom of the My Account page listed under Promotions. And it does look like only one person needs the A list so if your spouse has it then you're probably 'good'. I do occasionally split our flights (one on points and the other cash) so then it might come in handy.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:13 PM   #176
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
To see this offer I was signed into my account and it was on the bottom of the My Account page listed under Promotions. And it does look like only one person needs the A list so if your spouse has it then you're probably 'good'. I do occasionally split our flights (one on points and the other cash) so then it might come in handy.
I think that might depend on whether the the spouse is on companion pass (different confirmation number) or the same booking. If on the same confirmation number then should be all good.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 02:28 PM   #177
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I think that might depend on whether the the spouse is on companion pass (different confirmation number) or the same booking. If on the same confirmation number then should be all good.
Yep, ran into that different confirmation code this past vacation = DH not happy
Old 04-06-2021, 02:33 PM   #178
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I checked my account and unfortunately I am not being offered that promotion. Luckily, we are all flying on the same confirmation number and can board with my husband for those flights.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote