home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-10-2021, 12:24 PM   #1
henrycpa91
Add-on Aficionado

Default BCV Pricing, your thoughts?

I think we have decided to sell our precious BCV. We love the location and the pool...especially when DD was younger.

But as we age we use it somewhat less (hard to say that given my point situation I will mention in a moment)...

there is currently a 150 point Dec UY contract listed at $155 per point. It is fully loaded with 2020, 2021, and 2022 points. Our contract is 150 points but with an April UY. We do not have any 2020, or 2021 points and have 112 points remaining for 2022. We are using this contract for my upcoming stay with my Grand daughter in Nov/Dec. Honestly would list it sooner if I could figure out a way to keep our reservation intact.

I am thinking of listing at $150. That seems justified based on what I am seeing for BCV but honestly, not a lot of 150 point contracts at BCV. Many are more points than that. We have found the 150 points to be a real sweet spot for the BCV point chart.

So, does that point amount drive a premium price? Or am I over thinking and pricing this thing?

MY WDW Visits...

1973 - First Trip out of KY and used Tickets from the Today newspaper
2004 (Alex First), 2005, 2006 (Romantic), 2007,2008,2009,2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,
2015, 2016, 2017 (Family)
henrycpa91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post
I think we have decided to sell our precious BCV. We love the location and the pool...especially when DD was younger.

But as we age we use it somewhat less (hard to say that given my point situation I will mention in a moment)...

there is currently a 150 point Dec UY contract listed at $155 per point. It is fully loaded with 2020, 2021, and 2022 points. Our contract is 150 points but with an April UY. We do not have any 2020, or 2021 points and have 112 points remaining for 2022. We are using this contract for my upcoming stay with my Grand daughter in Nov/Dec. Honestly would list it sooner if I could figure out a way to keep our reservation intact.

I am thinking of listing at $150. That seems justified based on what I am seeing for BCV but honestly, not a lot of 150 point contracts at BCV. Many are more points than that. We have found the 150 points to be a real sweet spot for the BCV point chart.

So, does that point amount drive a premium price? Or am I over thinking and pricing this thing?
Even though it might be small by bcv standards, itís still $22500 plus closing costs. So that is not an insignificant amount of money.

I still think anything over $120 for a 2042 resort is a little nuttyóbut the market clearly supports the higher price, so who am I to argue.

As far as the compóI would probably start at the same price based on the assumption that the better contract will already be taken by the time you go to list.

As far as 150 driving a premium? I honestly donít think itís a premium. 50-100 are generally considered small contracts that command higher returns.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:06 PM   #3
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Listing doesn't dictate selling price and buyers like to make offers so I'd go ahead and try for the amount you feel is appropriate. If that's $150 or $155 it's not an off putting number to people to make offers on but you'll have to decide what you might accept as I'm guessing unless that person who doesn't care about price comes along you'll be actually selling for less.

You can list now with a closing date following your reservation. That can be a little off putting for some but not all. If you feel now is the best time to try and sell then it doesn't hurt anything.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:24 PM   #4
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Personally I would keep your bcv contract. Bcv is getting harder and harder to book in the 7 month window.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:54 PM   #5
cvjw
Grand Villa

We had our 175 point March use year BCV contract for sale a few weeks ago. It has no 2020 points, 155 2021 points and 175 2022 points. We listed for $146 and had no offers for 5 weeks. We finally got one offer for $142. We decided to keep it, enjoy the points this year and sell next year.

List for whatever you think. Hope you have better luck than we did!
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:58 PM   #6
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycpa91 View Post

You......Never!
Old 03-10-2021, 06:04 PM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Use a good broker.....List it for the prevailing rate. Smaller contracts sell faster then larger contracts.

Personally, given the years left on the contract, $155 per point is way too much. Current dues $7.06 + $7.38 (value of points til expiration) = $14.44 per point. Next year, that number is going to be higher because of the deferred costs from 2020.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:47 PM   #8
dmaxphil
Two Bedroom

I think there are 2 questions being answered here.

1) Is $150 too high to pay for BCV?

For me, yes - because I can see the value tanking in another 10 years or so. For others who really want to stay at BCV - maybe.

2) Should I price my BCV points for sale at $150?

$150 seems a little high for a semi-stripped contract, but not terribly out of line to me. Monera seems to think that 150 points at $150 pp is a good value. It comes back at very close to the minimun down payment structure. ($1k, $2k, $3k)
dmaxphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:12 PM   #9
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Go with a well known Resale Co - board sponsor is great! They can tell you in you if you are in the right ballpark.

You can also list now with closing to occur after your stay.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:28 PM   #10
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

An actuarial evaluation of BCV is not particularly relevant. All that matters is what people are willing to pay.

I say go ahead and list at $150. You may get lucky and have someone take it as is -- I would think that's more likely than at other resorts, though still somewhat unlikely. What is more likely is that there will be negotiation over the price, in which case you want to be starting somewhat high anyway.

And yes listen to lovindisney!