home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
somejac
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Grocery delivery - Safeway

Hey all,

Going to be arriving April 29th Me, my wife, 4 kids, FIL, MIL, SIL.

We need to order groceries for the week - we're staying in a 2BR at bay lake tower, so we have a kitchen

I've been looking into delivery services, we need to get some alcohol, so that disqualifies a few. Looking at Dizzy Dolphin and comparing to Safeway delivery.

Safeway is about $50 cheaper, and you can see the actual product you're ordering. I don't have a safeway where I live, so I can't vouch for quality. Its a pretty easy process, though.

My only concern is that I might be relying on an 18 year old kid working for safeway who might never have delivered to a hotel before. The delivery servcies do it all the time. Wondering if there are some hurdles or ticks to the trade that safeway might not know.

Has anyone every used safeway delivery? To a hotel? To BLT?

Thanks
somejac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:08 PM   #2
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Never used Safeway so I'm not much help there, however, we have always used Garden Grocer and never had any problems. I have ordered alcohol and just provided a copy of my driver's license.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:10 AM   #3
luaulei321
Grand Villa

Where I live Safeway is one of the major grocery store chains. It's actually the grocery store that we primarily shop at since it's just a few minutes away from our house by car. In Southern California, Safeway is known as Vons, and it's the primary store that people use for grocery delivery when staying at VGC. We also do our grocery shopping there when we stay at Aulani. We always have a car, so we've never used the delivery service ourselves. My understanding is that the first delivery is free if you spend a certain amount of money.
luaulei321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:55 AM   #4
Disneynut4sure
Studio

I've used garden grocers as well. They also have the pictures and fresh fruit they delivered was of high quality. . It is waiting at bell services when you arrive. P.s. They also deliver alcohol.

Disneynut4sure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #5
LouisianaMike
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Dizzy Dolphin all the way!!!

Dizzy Dolphin is the way to go... We used them in the fall for F&W festival and couldn't have been more pleased with their service.. We'll only use them from here on out.. They are (or were) DVC members, so they know what is important to DVC members and the like.. THey will get you whatever alcohol you request. They did for us.. Give them a try.. I don't think you'll be disappointed..

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by somejac View Post
Hey all,

Going to be arriving April 29th Me, my wife, 4 kids, FIL, MIL, SIL.

We need to order groceries for the week - we're staying in a 2BR at bay lake tower, so we have a kitchen

I've been looking into delivery services, we need to get some alcohol, so that disqualifies a few. Looking at Dizzy Dolphin and comparing to Safeway delivery.

Safeway is about $50 cheaper, and you can see the actual product you're ordering. I don't have a safeway where I live, so I can't vouch for quality. Its a pretty easy process, though.

My only concern is that I might be relying on an 18 year old kid working for safeway who might never have delivered to a hotel before. The delivery servcies do it all the time. Wondering if there are some hurdles or ticks to the trade that safeway might not know.

Has anyone every used safeway delivery? To a hotel? To BLT?

Thanks
LouisianaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:59 AM   #6
CarolA
Grand Villa

They are a very small player in the Florida grocery marketplace Plus the store is in Altamonte Springs. That's about 30 minutes north of WDW on a good day. Your concerns about their lack of experience delivering to the resorts could well be justified!
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #7
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Both shipt & instacart can deliver groceries & alcohol to the WDW Resorts.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote