home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 10:06 AM   #11
Deb & Bill
Two Bedroom

We just got back from five nights at BRV. We left the room around 10 or so every morning, got back around 2-3 every afternoon. They came while we were not in the room and emptied the recyclable trash only, not the regular trash. Except on day 4 when we got fresh towels and amenities and they took all the trash. Never saw anyone.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #12
MOTed
One Bedroom

The daily visits were very unobtrusive for our most recent week-long stay at BLT in September. They always came during the day when we were out, and emptied all trash (both recycling and otherwise). We never used the ‘Room Occupied’ sign.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:45 AM   #13
EEGRAM
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Past 2 recent trips, 6 nights each, 2 resorts each, never had a knock.

They came while we were out at the parks and 'magically' the trash cans had been emptied each day.

Both trips were Poly/BWV.
The only time they knocked is if the Room Occupied sign was left on the door in error and it had been a long time.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #14
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Holy crap! Weapons lying around in the open?
Good question. Do they peek in closets and rummage in drawers during these room checks? If not, they are surely of limited value, in terms of security.
MagicJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #15
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Past 2 recent trips, 6 nights each, 2 resorts each, never had a knock.

They came while we were out at the parks and 'magically' the trash cans had been emptied each day.

Same service on our trip over Labor Day, at the Grand Floridian. Never saw anyone, but knew that had been there.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #16
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Same service on our trip over Labor Day, at the Grand Floridian. Never saw anyone, but knew that had been there.
Yes, same for us at BCV/BWV at the beginning of the month. Took all the trash each day (kitchen and the bathrooms) and left us towels on day 4.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:29 PM   #17
beachclubmum
Studio

Our last stay at BLT we had an issue with people entering the room. One day I left $5 for T&T mousekeeping . Came back to no mouse keeping having taken place, but someone's ME luggage had been left in our room. And the $5 was gone.

We have a ring type camera and are planning to set it up in the room from now on. Will be interesting to see what goes on in there when we're out.
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #18
vampiroth
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
I spoke with a CM doing room checks at Pop! last month. They are still doing them there. And believe it or not they have found weapons. Five instances at Pop! alone according to him. Crazy. And much other contraband.
Did they specify what they actually found? I carry a pocket knife with me every single day, and I do take it with me on trips. I never take it to the parks, usually stays in my locked suitecase. But to be very clear that knife is a glorified box cutter and esentially a utility tool.

I also carry a firearm every day, but that never comes with me to Disney (common sense). I'm actually very curious to know if people are bringing their concealed weapons to Disney resorts and leaving them in the rooms during park time, that would be kind of crazy to me seeing as that has been a NO for a long time at Disney.

I'm assuming contraband is drugs, from a legal perspective I doubt Disney does much about that.

That being said when we went in May we didn't have a single knock, and usually left our room 11a-noon
vampiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:30 PM   #19
ssconner
Studio

Did a split BWV/BCV stay 2 weeks ago. Used 'room occupied' sign when we were in room. One day they called our room at BWV - but no knocks (late night after food and wine and we were sleeping in and being lazy... it was probably like 2 pm lol).

Got zero service at BCV - we had to take out our own trash. Didn't mind... I'd rather that than someone bothering me on vacation.
ssconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #20
krisephillips
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsmom View Post
What is happening at the resorts with the security room checks?
Thanks!
They are alive and well. Last resort stay was a split BLT/Poly with cruise sandwiched in-between. We had knocks on the door daily regardless of DND sign.

Disney Castaway Club Member-Silver Level.
krisephillips is offline   Reply With Quote