home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-23-2018, 01:28 PM   #11
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerinaF View Post
Stayed in 1 Bedroom at SSR last week and was not happy to find the that the Shower and Bath area had the Permanent Shower and Bath Toiletries mounted on the wal. Personally these are ok in in the Shower of the Gym but not in the room of a "Deluxe Resort"

Do all the DVC resorts have them installed or just SRR ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Do you have a picture by chance?
I assume TiggerinaF is referring to something like this ... (hoping link works)

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....FsxGcqdW.dpbs

This same set up was in the Marriott property I stayed in a couple weeks ago.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:29 PM   #12
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerinaF View Post
Stayed in 1 Bedroom at SSR last week and was not happy to find the that the Shower and Bath area had the Permanent Shower and Bath Toiletries mounted on the wal. Personally these are ok in in the Shower of the Gym but not in the room of a "Deluxe Resort"

Do all the DVC resorts have them installed or just SRR ???
Yuck. It had been rumored awhile ago that this was coming. It might have started with the value resorts.

Nothing says deluxe like a bunch of shampoo and conditioner in a giant thing hanging on the wall.

And if someone writes in about it? I'll bet on some response on industry standard.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:32 PM   #13
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
For those that haven't seen the dispensers that are being installed, check out this article at wdwnt.com.

https://wdwnt.com/2017/08/photo-disn...t-hotel-rooms/
There you go! I haven't seen these yet. In February, at the Beach Club (resort, not villas) they still had the individual bottles. For some reason, I feel compelled to take the extras at the end of a trip, so I have sooooo many travel size toiletries that they'll probably end up going bad before I ever use them. These wall dispensers might save me from myself!
Old 05-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #14
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Been to AKL, BWV, BC, Poly, and BLT in the last month and they all had the lovely H2O products that I love. I would hate the gym dispenser. Yuck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Yuck. It had been rumored awhile ago that this was coming. It might have started with the value resorts.

Nothing says deluxe like a bunch of shampoo and conditioner in a giant thing hanging on the wall.

And if someone writes in about it? I'll bet on some response on industry standard.
The dispensers on the wall does make it feel more locker room-ish.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:37 PM   #15
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Many hotels have been embracing this (including luxury hotels) to help reduce waste and the like. I don't mind at all. In fact for those with longer/lots of hair it is sort of preferable. I forgot to check out the newer shampoos the last time so I'll be bringing my own but if I can tolerate it for a week that's one less thing I have to bring with me.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #16
Jaakers87
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Many hotels have been embracing this (including luxury hotels) to help reduce waste and the like. I don't mind at all. In fact for those with longer/lots of hair it is sort of preferable. I forgot to check out the newer shampoos the last time so I'll be bringing my own but if I can tolerate it for a week that's one less thing I have to bring with me.
Agreed. I don't understand how this change is anything but good. It's not like the bottles are ugly or anything. Every shower has shampoo bottles in it somewhere - these are just attached to the wall. Who cares?
Jaakers87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #17
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

3 weeks ago BWV studios and BLT 1 bedrooms were H2O.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #18
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Not in BCV as of May 14. Still H2O stuff.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #19
brewsard2
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
For those that haven't seen the dispensers that are being installed, check out this article at wdwnt.com.

https://wdwnt.com/2017/08/photo-disn...t-hotel-rooms/

I sell systems like this. It is extremely more cost effective for the company/hotel to go to a system like this than to have to replace individual products every day, day after day.

However, I sell self contained, tamper-proof systems. These don't look like either. If they are just taking the top off of the bottles and refilling, it is also not as sanitary. The bottles need to be used completely, rinsed and cleaned, and filled again. Or just throw them away when empty and start with a new one.

I can't say whether this is a good change or not....
brewsard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #20
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaakers87 View Post
Agreed. I don't understand how this change is anything but good. It's not like the bottles are ugly or anything. Every shower has shampoo bottles in it somewhere - these are just attached to the wall. Who cares?
You've missed the post of the person who said her kids peed into dispensers like these.

Plus these have lots of nooks and crannies that will not be easy to clean and unfortunately what is not easy to clean at WDW does not seem to get cleaned.

The good is for Disney Corp. For the guests I gotta stick with YUCK!