home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Default How to send in a room request

I know I've seen information in a thread on this recently, but multiple searches have not turned anything up.

How do you go about sending in a room request to the resort? I'm checking into OKW on Saturday. I normally put in my requests via the online check in in MDE, but there is nothing available in the drop down. I'm hoping to get a room that has been refurbished, which probably wouldn't have been a standard option anyway.

TIA

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct, '18
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:18 PM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

I just chat or e-mail in my requests via the DVC page.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Thanks!

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Feb '17, Poly Oct '17, SSR Feb '18, OKW Oct, '18
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:55 PM   #4
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Quote:
I didn't know that you could do that, I've only called by phone. Can you tell me where the chat/e-mail section is on the DVC page? TIA
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:12 PM   #5
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
I didn't know that you could do that, I've only called by phone. Can you tell me where the chat/e-mail section is on the DVC page? TIA
Sign in, go to the Contact Us page (there’s a link down the bottom of the home page under “Help and Contact”).

Top right of page shows Chat, Email, Call.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:21 PM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'rer Karen View Post
Thanks!
If you do it by e-mail you'll get a confirmation saying "we've received but not guaranteed" type usually too. At least I have in the past.

Quote:
As stated "Help and Contact" and you'll see it. If chat isn't available (after hours so to speak) you can just e-mail. I've never called since I don't like using the 800 number for something like that. It's pretty easy to do and nice when you want something like "close to lobby" when there isn't an option for it
Old 10-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #7
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Quote:
If you do it by e-mail you'll get a confirmation saying "we've received but not guaranteed" type usually too. At least I have in the past.

As stated "Help and Contact" and you'll see it. If chat isn't available (after hours so to speak) you can just e-mail. I've never called since I don't like using the 800 number for something like that. It's pretty easy to do and nice when you want something like "close to lobby" when there isn't an option for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Sign in, go to the Contact Us page (there’s a link down the bottom of the home page under “Help and Contact”).

Top right of page shows Chat, Email, Call.
Nice! Thanks for the info.
One of my old Sergeants used to tell me "Never let a day go by without learning something new.". I'm smiling right now thinking of him as he passed away a few years ago.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:43 PM   #8
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

I cheat. I fill out the room request on touring plans and let them do it for me. It’s part of the service when you subscribe, so why not?
Old 10-22-2018, 07:46 PM   #9
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I cheat. I fill out the room request on touring plans and let them do it for me. It’s part of the service when you subscribe, so why not?
Cuz I don't subscribe to it

(I know, I know, I couldn't resist)

Quote:
Nice! Thanks for the info.
One of my old Sergeants used to tell me "Never let a day go by without learning something new.". I'm smiling right now thinking of him as he passed away a few years ago.
That's actually a lovely thought
Old 10-22-2018, 07:52 PM   #10
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Cuz I don't subscribe to it

(I know, I know, I couldn't resist)

That's actually a lovely thought

That’s actually why I included the subscription part. Didn’t want to mislead anyone into thinking it was free like the ressie sniper.