home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-23-2018, 02:44 PM   #11
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

I've always said a People mover system would be great to connect the two. Or if the tram works that would be very cool to whisk over the savanah to the park. Was hoping something might be coming. It's a bit silly to have to use bus transport every time for that short of a trip.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #12
amydevoe
One Bedroom

Whenever we stay at AKL I always mention in my survey after that there needs to be some type of additional transportation to AK. I love the walking path idea and I too thought that they were going to add the Gondola to this resort once the first phase was completed. It's the only deluxe resort that only has 1 mode of transport.
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #13
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydevoe View Post
Whenever we stay at AKL I always mention in my survey after that there needs to be some type of additional transportation to AK. I love the walking path idea and I too thought that they were going to add the Gondola to this resort once the first phase was completed. It's the only deluxe resort that only has 1 mode of transport.
But but but its one of the best overall transportation options to all the parks. No resort sharing and only two stops.....I love the AK bus options when we stay at AKV.

Pro-Tip.....You can catch the bus to AK park and catch a bus there to any other destination in WDW. I like to do this when I am resort hopping.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:35 PM   #14
MagicJourneys
Two Bedroom

Since apparently Disney can't even figure out how to let people walk between the GF and MK, which you would think would be quite a bit simpler, I wouldn't be holding my breath on this.
MagicJourneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:39 PM   #15
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

I think a Safari ride to the park is a great idea but Disney would charge $25 each way if not more.
Imagine AKL guests pulling up, not just to AK park but the other parks in a Safari vehicle. Lol!
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:53 PM   #16
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
I think a Safari ride to the park is a great idea but Disney would charge $25 each way if not more.
Imagine AKL guests pulling up, not just to AK park but the other parks in a Safari vehicle. Lol!
I would actually pay extra for that!
Old 04-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #17
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
I’ve always thought that a “Donald” Duck Boat service that could drive guests to/from their locations and also drive across the SSL and such would be a tremendous hit.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:44 AM   #18
rch2101
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I would actually pay extra for that!
Me too! And don't tell anyone this secret, but I bet DVCQUEEN would too
rch2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:45 AM   #19
rch2101
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
I’ve always thought that a “Donald” Duck Boat service that could drive guests to/from their locations and also drive across the SSL and such would be a tremendous hit.
Oooo... good one... I like it. Make it so!
rch2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:06 PM   #20
richviii
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJourneys View Post
Since apparently Disney can't even figure out how to let people walk between the GF and MK, which you would think would be quite a bit simpler, I wouldn't be holding my breath on this.

I have read the various reasons but this would alleviate some monorail patrons as well as make the resort even more desirable. We prefer BLT because of the ability to walk.

Recent
2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote