home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #11
JCam695
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

This is great info, thank you. We have used Uber/Lyft to get from resort to parks and resort to resort but were hesitant to go from parks back to resort - could never figure out where drivers were allowed to pick us up. Will absolutely take advantage of these pickup locations on our next trip. Huge fan of NOT HAVING TO WAIT FOR THE BUS!!
JCam695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:05 PM   #12
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Thanks, Hawkeye! I've made the thread a sticky.

Dirk
Old 07-08-2017, 10:47 PM   #13
babysimba
Two Bedroom

This is very helpful information! Thanks for posting!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #14
flypwm
Two Bedroom

Is it still possible to drop off/pick up near BLT for MK? That's more convenient since you can walk, but has Disney cracked down on it?
flypwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:34 PM   #15
Ariel's Sister
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypwm View Post
Is it still possible to drop off/pick up near BLT for MK? That's more convenient since you can walk, but has Disney cracked down on it?
I did this in October 2016. I was at TOWL and going home to SSR. Driver told me he often drives CMs.
Ariel's Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #16
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Quote:
I have known Security Hosts to ask to scan MagicBands in the past when I am doing drop offs, so it's possible that they're checking for this. At least for a drop off. For a pickup, since I don't have a passenger in the car yet, there's really no way of knowing if it's someone staying / dining at the resort I'm picking up or not.

With that being said, I go where the rider selects in the app. If we get there and they don't let us, it is not super hard to just go back to the TTC drop off, and my driver app detects the extra travel time / distance accordingly.
HawkeyeFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:03 PM   #17
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

Quote:
I did this last month when I was there. Worst case scenario, I'd have the driver turn around and drop me off right there.

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration
Leftcoaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #18
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
I did this last month when I was there. Worst case scenario, I'd have the driver turn around and drop me off right there.
Yup. Th little guard booth would be a great place to be dropped off. So it can always be made to work.

Cheers.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:58 PM   #19
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Updated the original post to add mention of scheduled rides. Both apps allow you to set a 15m window, and you'll have a driver there in that time frame. Admittedly, WDW property is inundated with drivers, so there's never a long wait. Not sure if it works for the designated pickup spots at the parks and Springs, but since there is a driver queueing system in place there, your wait time it quite literally however long it takes the driver to get from where we wait to where you are.
HawkeyeFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #20
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Thank you so much for the detailed information!!
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote