home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2017, 03:20 AM   #21
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

You're welcome to everyone!

While I don't seek out WDW driving specifically these days, since there are sooo many drivers on property any more, if I'm there, I will occasionally hit up the Springs East spot, since that queue moves quickly.

But if you're in Orlando and you get someone driving you in a black Hamstermobile (Kia Soul) in an awesome "Hawaiian style" shirt and a DLR 60th anniversary ball cap, it's probably me.
HawkeyeFLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:00 AM   #22
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel's Sister View Post
I did this in October 2016. I was at TOWL and going home to SSR. Driver told me he often drives CMs.
Knowing what time parks close, and basic times that CMs clock out / travel times to "Cast Services" which is generally where they enter the park backstage can ... it's almost a guarantee of getting someone on their way home. Especially Epcot. Disney and its 3rd party bus partner do as best they can to have enough buses at off time to get everyone home, but often times it's quick for them to hail a Lyft or Uber with 3 or 4 people total and split the cost to get over to the apartment complex.

Car broke down? Got to get to work and home, so rideshare. If it's the "right time" and I'm on Disney property, I will usually get myself close to one of the park areas where CMs would request from. Get 'em home safe and quickly, while being fearless in the face of Epcot Center Drive / 535 traffic. :-p
Old 08-26-2017, 06:34 AM   #23
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Default Fort Wilderness

Just a quick update in case anyone is a Camper and stays any at Fort Wilderness.

This is what I am getting from other drivers, directly from gate security hosts/hostesses.

Pickups must happen at the main check in/lobby building ... whose name totally escapes me right now. This means taking the bus from whatever loop you are staying at up to the front.

This is a variation from other "campus resorts" where the driver can go out to the building of the passenger.

I will be reaching out to the Guest Services email soon for clarity on the official policy soon.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:18 AM   #24
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Great information! Thank you so much for taking the time to explain how it works. It has always confused me a little , but now with your maps and explanation along with the new Minnie van service using the lyft app it makes it a win win to explore both as we jump into the new way of faster transportation getting around the world. Thanks Hawkeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Thanks, Hawkeye! I've made the thread a sticky.

Dirk
Thanks Dirk for making it a sticky!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:14 PM   #25
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Original post has been updated to reflect a change in the Disney Springs West Side pickup spot.

Only other change is the driver staging area for Studios, but this doesn't impact the pickup area as designated on the map, so not too concerned.

As soon as I can find an updated Springs map, I'll put it up, but for now if you look at the existing map and look down and to the left, you should see the turn around circle where the bus stop in question is.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:23 PM   #26
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFLA View Post
Original post has been updated to reflect a change in the Disney Springs West Side pickup spot.
I would suspect that the East Side (old Marketplace bus loop) location is temporarily closed since that's where the Christmas Tree Trail is set up.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #27
HawkeyeFLA
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
I would suspect that the East Side (old Marketplace bus loop) location is temporarily closed since that's where the Christmas Tree Trail is set up.
Fair point. If I get down around Springs this weekend, I will poke my head over there and look.