home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #21
beckythetechy
One Bedroom

Is it possible to drive and park at the contemporary and then walk over? I'm concerned about taking the buses to MK with our big double stroller...

ME DH DS(7) DD(4) DD(2)
Visits to the World: JUL 1987 First visit! JUL 1998 (POR) JAN 2005 (POR) SEP 2015 (BWV)
"I'm 99.9% sure I'm a Disney Princess...that .1% of uncertainty is because birds don't talk to me...yet!"

Last edited by beckythetechy; 06-30-2015 at 08:45 AM.
beckythetechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #22
tjstrike
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckythetechy View Post
Is it possible to drive and park at the contemporary and then walk over? I'm concerned about taking the buses to MK with are big double stroller...
Disney's getting picky on people parking in resorts that aren't staying there, they'll probably ask you why you're parking there and proof of a dinner reservation, etc...

tjstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:25 PM   #23
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrike View Post
Disney's getting picky on people parking in resorts that aren't staying there, they'll probably ask you why you're parking there and proof of a dinner reservation, etc...
Possible? Probably not. But maybe, if everything goes right.
Good Idea? Definitely not.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:46 AM   #24
beckythetechy
One Bedroom

Figured as much... With the monorail under renovation while we are there I guess we are stuck with the bus.

ME DH DS(7) DD(4) DD(2)
Visits to the World: JUL 1987 First visit! JUL 1998 (POR) JAN 2005 (POR) SEP 2015 (BWV)
"I'm 99.9% sure I'm a Disney Princess...that .1% of uncertainty is because birds don't talk to me...yet!"
beckythetechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:02 AM   #25
ccsuwxman
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Thats probably a good idea, as long as you get to the TTC pretty early and the ferry or Monorails are not too crowded yet, it can be a great way to get to MK easily and quickly .

We have usually experienced faster times at all times of the day with the buses to MK. Even factoring in the best parking spots due to the Monorail and Ferry congestion . .
We are able to park in the AAA diamond parking at all hours of the day ,which is right next to the handicapped parking in the TTC parking lot, so we always walk to the TTC (no shuttle) . Even at that, the ferry or monorail seems to take a long time lately .
Now , if you are not a frequent visitor (or a new WDW visitor) and want to experience the all best and memorable stuff at MK, its always best to have a trip on the Monorail to the MK monorail station .............nothing compares to arriving at the MK by monorail (at least if you are new to WDW!) !
So I guess, saving every last minute of transportation may not be worth it to everybody . When the monorail is working and not overly crowed .........there is nothing else quite like it for the WOW factor !
Heard that Disney is eliminating the AAA diamond parking. Is that true?
ccsuwxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:08 PM   #26
WiggleWorm
Studio

Hmmm. I don't see a table here. Anyone know where it went? Or is something wrong with things on my end? Thanks!
WiggleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #27
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiggleWorm View Post
Hmmm. I don't see a table here. Anyone know where it went? Or is something wrong with things on my end? Thanks!
It isn't anything wrong on your end, the images are no longer available that were in the first post.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote