home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Downsizing DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-04-2022, 04:44 PM   #1
GrumpyInPhilly
One Bedroom

Default Keeping grandfathered benefits

I'm thinking of selling one of my two contracts (250 & 150 points) and I'd like to keep my grandfathered benefits. The contracts were purchased in 2013 & 2015. Where can I find out what the blue card minimums were for those years so that I don't end up keeping a contract that would no longer qualify as grandfathered?
GrumpyInPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:57 PM   #2
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyInPhilly View Post
I'm thinking of selling one of my two contracts (250 & 150 points) and I'd like to keep my grandfathered benefits. The contracts were purchased in 2013 & 2015. Where can I find out what the blue card minimums were for those years so that I don't end up keeping a contract that would no longer qualify as grandfathered?
They’re both fine. I purchased Riviera in 2019, and the minimum was 75 points then. There weren’t minimums in those years for benefits. If you purchased anything direct, they qualify for perks.
Old 02-04-2022, 05:02 PM   #3
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Both of your contracts appear to be grandfathered for Blue Card benefits. Our last resale contract was purchased right after one cutoff in April 2016. No need for minimums. If you are concerned keep the oldest one to make sure.
Old 02-04-2022, 05:46 PM   #4
GrumpyInPhilly
One Bedroom

Thanks for the quick responses. I should have mentioned that these were both resale purchases if that matters.
GrumpyInPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:14 PM   #5
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks for the quick responses. I should have mentioned that these were both resale purchases if that matters.
You should be good but make absolutely sure. If you sell one your broker should know.

April 4, 2016 appears to indeed be the cut-off.