home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-06-2022, 03:38 PM   #1
susieh
Studio

Default Typhoon Event insufficient tickets

As we are staying at OKW when the Typhoon Lagoon moonlight magic event takes place (23rd August) I decided to try and get us tickets. I wasn't able to try on 22nd July when the first release occured but I was able to try on 3rd August and I was successful. However, the system would only let me have 5 tickets despite the wording on the screen saying I could request for the number on the reservation (7).

I wish I'd taken a screen shot because having given up and accepted the 5 tickets I then called MS to try and get the other 2 places.

I was told that no-one is allowed to book more than 5 tickets at the second release. Only people who get their tickets at the first release are allowed to book more than 5 tickets.

Anyone know if this is true please? I now don't know what to do.
susieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 04:52 PM   #2
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieh View Post
As we are staying at OKW when the Typhoon Lagoon moonlight magic event takes place (23rd August) I decided to try and get us tickets. I wasn't able to try on 22nd July when the first release occured but I was able to try on 3rd August and I was successful. However, the system would only let me have 5 tickets despite the wording on the screen saying I could request for the number on the reservation
True. 2nd booking has always been limited to 5 guests as it is not tied to a resort reservation .
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 05:27 PM   #3
wiltony
Two Bedroom

We're blue-card holders with an OKW reservation using someone else's points. Will we still qualify to make a MM "resort" reservation? Or does the reservation have to be made with our own points?
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 08:56 AM   #4
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltony View Post
We're blue-card holders with an OKW reservation using someone else's points. Will we still qualify to make a MM "resort" reservation? Or does the reservation have to be made with our own points?
Must be your points.
Old 08-09-2022, 11:26 AM   #5
wiltony
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Must be your points.
Darn, thanks.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:18 AM   #6
Enjoralas
Studio

Quote:
As we are staying at OKW when the Typhoon Lagoon moonlight magic event takes place (23rd August) I decided to try and get us tickets. I wasn't able to try on 22nd July when the first release occured but I was able to try on 3rd August and I was successful. However, the system would only let me have 5 tickets despite the wording on the screen saying I could request for the number on the reservation (7).

I wish I'd taken a screen shot because having given up and accepted the 5 tickets I then called MS to try and get the other 2 places.

I was told that no-one is allowed to book more than 5 tickets at the second release. Only people who get their tickets at the first release are allowed to book more than 5 tickets.

We are booked for the 8/23 MM and one person now isnít going, I know you need 2 but let me know if it helps you out and my family can help get one extra in.
Enjoralas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 04:21 PM   #7
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:

I'm guessing it's because the first release was the one tied to your rooms and the second allotment was based on whatever was left over. Hopefully they give you some pixie dust on arrival for one and send the other one in with Enjoralas. Good luck!
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:20 AM   #8
wiltony
Two Bedroom

Anyone able to get into the 9/8 event registration this morning? I'm on the page and got into the "queue-it" online queue, but it's 20 min past when registration is supposed to open and it won't advance to the "your place in line" page.

Arg! What is going on! I'm even on two different devices. What am I missing!?
Old 08-17-2022, 07:56 AM   #9
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

For those of us who don't use the water parks, it took (me at least) a few seconds to make sense of "Typhoon event"...
Old 08-17-2022, 07:28 PM   #10
Sephorin
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
For those of us who don't use the water parks, it took (me at least) a few seconds to make sense of "Typhoon event"...
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote