home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM   #21
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

BRV...I like top floor. They are quiet and have vaulted ceilings making it feel roomier....at least the 1BR do, not sure about studios.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s): Oct 1-8 at BWV/AKV and Dec 30-Jan 4 at OKW/PVB and March 3-10 at BWV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM   #22
LOVINDVC
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
Where are the infamous garbage trucks? We are staying there soon and it will be our first home stay. Thanks.
I mis-spoke. Should have said the infamous garbage dumpster. Pick up is usually early morning, plus nasty view. Do not know where exactly. Thanks to MO I asked not to be near it.

SSR OWNERS SINCE 2004
LOVINDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM   #23
JerseyAmy
Grand Villa

We were recently at SSR and nervous before getting there since we had only every stayed in the Congress Park section, but didn't have a "preferred" room booked. I requested the Grandstand and close to the Carriage House. We weren't in the closest building, but we really liked the location! We had a one bedroom overlooking the pool. It's further to the walking pathway to Disney Springs, but it is close to the boat transportation and the Carriage House. We would totally request this again!

Last edited by JerseyAmy; Yesterday at 01:47 PM.
JerseyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:23 AM   #24
ajc
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
I mis-spoke. Should have said the infamous garbage dumpster. Pick up is usually early morning, plus nasty view. Do not know where exactly. Thanks to MO I asked not to be near it.
I think the dumpster view at BRV is at the far end of the hall away from the entrance and elevators. You can satellite google map the resort and see the service road & parking area.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM   #25
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I think the dumpster view at BRV is at the far end of the hall away from the entrance and elevators. You can satellite google map the resort and see the service road & parking area.
Yes it is! I was fortunate to get it for my only stay (so far) at BRV. And the truck did seem to be a permanent fixture.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM   #26
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
Where are the infamous garbage trucks? We are staying there soon and it will be our first home stay. Thanks.
When are you "going home?" I might not want to share my room choice in case our visits overlap...
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM   #27
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Yes it is! I was fortunate to get it for my only stay (so far) at BRV. And the truck did seem to be a permanent fixture.
I've had the dumpster view a couple of times, but I've never actually seen a truck. But then, I don't spend much time in the room. Guess I got lucky.
Old Today, 03:29 AM   #28
cali09
One Bedroom

Welcome Magnus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINDVC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I've had the dumpster view a couple of times, but I've never actually seen a truck. But then, I don't spend much time in the room. Guess I got lucky.
Had the infamous "dumpster" view one trip. The view itself is fine if you are on one of the top floors, woods view towards the lake and we saw deer at the edge of the woods which was nice. The thing I minded the most was those rooms are at the very end of the long hallway. Furthest from everything and a long walk at the end of the day.

Touring Plans has a nice room info feature, complete with views (if others submitted photos).

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote