home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM   #681
BEAM4DVC
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisephillips View Post
Where are the best locations to view the Boo to you parade?
My DH and I were just there the first week of September and had a fantastic place to watch the parade and see the headless horseman go by!

We stood near the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon. They will have the metal rope holding poles in the ground and the masking tape on the ground well before the headless horseman is due to ride. Look at the masking tape and you'll see that the tape extends beyond the poles and creates a walkway towards the restrooms near the Swiss Family Treehouse. That walkway is an emergency exit and no one can stand there at anytime during the parade! Stand in the corner created by the masking tape on the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon side. You'll have a great view because there's a bend in the road and you'll be able to see everything perfectly!

(I know that's a terrible description, but it's the best I could come up with. )

I looked at some photos of the Grave Diggers (very cool!) during the parade and there's a wooden sign hanging (on the river side of Frontierland) across from where we stood that says something like "Rivers of America"...maybe...something along those lines!

Hope this helps a little bit! Make sure you stay within the tape though! They constantly made people move even during the parade if they weren't inside the masking tape!

Remember the Headless Horseman rides about 5 or 10 minutes before the parade starts!

This was our first MK Halloween party. We loved the parade and the fireworks were spectacular. The Hocus Pocus show I would pass on in the future. Just didn't enjoy it.

Had a great evening at MK that night and really enjoyed the atmosphere! Have fun!
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #682
bilzer
One Bedroom

How am I notified if my waitlist clears?
bilzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #683
B'rer Karen
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilzer View Post
You receive one of those "We can't wait to welcome you home" emails with the detail of your reservation. And you read it and think "What did I reserve?" because you didn't call Member Services or go on the website that day. And then it dawns on you, My Waitlist Came Through!

Or maybe that's just me.

WDW:Offsite '85, Offsite '90, Offsite '96, DI '00, DI '01, S/D Nov. '01, POR Sept. '02, CBR Mar. '03, S/D June '03, CBR Sept. '03, CBR Oct. '03, OKW Feb. '04, SSR/OKW Oct. '04, OKW Mar. '05, SSR Sept. '05, SSR Oct. '06, SSR Mar '07, SSR Oct. '07, SSR Oct. '08, SSR Oct. '09, AKV Feb '10, BCV Oct. '10, AKV Feb '11, BCV Oct. '11, VWL Feb '12, BCV Oct. '12, AKV Feb '13, BCV Oct. '13, AKV Feb '14, VGF/Disney Dream/BWV Oct '14, SSR Feb '15, AKV Oct '15, BLT Mar '16, SSR Feb '17
DL: May '00, Mar. '06,
B'rer Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:02 PM   #684
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Notified?!
You're supposed to compulsively check online at least 4 times a day.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #685
bilzer
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Notified?!
4x! I'll be logged in all day! Lol
bilzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #686
ajc
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Notified?!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM   #687
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
4x! I'll be logged in all day! Lol
You aren't already??? Are you sure you drank the koolaid?