home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Photography and Technology
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #11
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Many camera offers HDR function. New phones can do good job in most conditions but cameras can outperform phones easily if you know how to use them.

Most who takes cameras on trip are camera enthusiasts who like to create different style pix etc.

Trips are only time I get to play with my cameras so yes I still take them, some times too many if I am driving.
Sadly, I'm a member of your club!
Old 03-28-2018, 11:04 AM   #12
chunter
Two Bedroom

I haven't really researched cameras since my T2i. When you say, they have "built in" HDR, do you mean you take the pic, and it automatically takes mutliple pics with different exposures and its ready as a jpg. In other words, you don't have to think about it...it just does it for you?
Or do you have to take multiple pics and then do some HDR editing later, post processing?

I agree, there's no comparison when it comes to being able to manually adjust focus and other settings. You can take cool photos that most phones just can't.
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:15 AM   #13
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
I haven't really researched cameras since my T2i. When you say, they have "built in" HDR, do you mean you take the pic, and it automatically takes mutliple pics with different exposures and its ready as a jpg. In other words, you don't have to think about it...it just does it for you?
Or do you have to take multiple pics and then do some HDR editing later, post processing?

I agree, there's no comparison when it comes to being able to manually adjust focus and other settings. You can take cool photos that most phones just can't.
They do in camera HDR like the phones do. I haven't seen a DSLR in a long time that doesn't. My first one had that option and it was an early one. I'm surprised the T2i didn't have it in some form.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:43 AM   #14
chunter
Two Bedroom

That's awesome. I can only imagine how good HDR in dslrs is. I wish the T2i would have had that. Its a great feature to have when you want the people and background to be lit well at night\lowlight.

Last edited by chunter; 03-28-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #15
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

T2i is very old what you can find in modern dSLR or mirrorless cameras.

If weight is concern look at micro four third as well.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:35 PM   #16
chunter
Two Bedroom

wish I could afford a new camera right now, much less lenses.

The mirrorless ones look really nice. And great for video, which is what I love to shoot.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:00 AM   #17
aznosredna
Two Bedroom

I always carry a DSLR. Right now I have a T3i. Want to upgrade, but Canon has not brought 4K to their DSLRs yet.

I have upgraded my setup to have a GoPro Hero5 Session mounted on top and a 18mm-200mm lens to handle a wider range. That makes it heavier. I find that it rides better on my sling strap.
aznosredna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:21 PM   #18
bobbafett
Grand Villa

Unless I'm trying for far away picks. Like safari. And need telephoto. Phones really are the only one I use. And frankly anfter 20 trips. I don't really take too many photos anymore. Maybe new things but generally I take a photo and really never look at it again.
AKL 14, AKL 16, AKL/VWL 16, SS 17.

bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #19
Doreen1998
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default dvc

I just bought the A6500 and LOVE it! The pictures are so vibrant and I love taking photos in AK with the new lens I bought for it. I can see the animals right up close with great detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I just went to Sony a6500 mirrorless from Canon 6D full-frame dSLR. I'll be curious if I use it more in the parks! I think I will.

Phone cameras are getting better, and for many situations in excellent lighting, I'm good with my phone. However, I still appreciate the ability to use different focal lengths, blur background (the software version just doesn't cut it for true background blur), and have better low-light performance, a mirrorless or dSLR will always make a better image all things being equal.

That said, the T2i is an older camera, so modern phones will certainly catch up with its sensor.

Dirk
Doreen1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:20 AM   #20
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doreen1998 View Post
I just bought the A6500 and LOVE it! The pictures are so vibrant and I love taking photos in AK with the new lens I bought for it. I can see the animals right up close with great detail.
Which lens are you using at AK?

Dirk