home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-31-2019, 10:19 AM   #131
pdude81
Grand Villa

Did OKW57 go down, or was that the price before?

I do understand why people think Riviera resales will be rough, but I don't agree. If there ever becomes and actual issue with reserving your stays in a resale contract, they have in their pocket a solution that costs more money.... convert those points to a different tier for money!

Riviera and Reflections may not be quite as overpriced as other resorts seem to be given how DVD props them up, but don't forget that if they make the 11 month window cluttered with owners who can only book at Riviera, then it could be hard to stay there without owning. And if that truly comes to pass, supply and demand trumps restrictions.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:20 AM   #132
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

So - Per Point costs for Riviera are $3.76, while SSR is $4.57 and BWV is $8.17!!

Wow!!
Old 10-31-2019, 10:29 AM   #133
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Did OKW57 go down, or was ...but don't forget that if they make the 11 month window cluttered with owners who can only book at Riviera, then it could be hard to stay there without owning. And if that truly comes to pass, supply and demand trumps restrictions.
Your point assumes one wants to stay there and only there.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:36 AM   #134
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
Your point assumes one wants to stay there and only there.
Well the resale market and the "buy what they're selling" market are different animals. I do assume that the transportation and having studios/1br with more space and rated for 5 people will set the place up favorably for those of us who can't stop at one contract and those who overbuy and others who may overbuy and rent out spec reservations with excess points.

But I'm not ignorant to the idea that execution of these promises may be lacking and the resort won't live up to *my* expections. We should have a pretty good idea how it pans out in 6 months or so
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:09 PM   #135
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Did OKW57 go down, or was that the price before?
No need to call it OKW57 because that's all they sell since that's the new end date

But yep, that was the price before. Here's a link to the last increase.

https://www.resalesdvc.com/2019-dvc-...ice-increases/
Old 10-31-2019, 12:28 PM   #136
zafiro
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
EPCOT is (finally) becoming Epcot. Or so it seems. I welcome the changes (well most of them )

Cheers.
I would add that EPCOT is finally fulfilling the promise and concept of EPCOT. There is so much wasted and under used real estate there; I'm glad they've taken a good chunk of future CapEx and Imagineering resources to do more than just the low cost repurposing that has gone on there for the past several years.
zafiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #137
kaedeesmom
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Once RR opens as that adds some more decent choices for a stop. What's at AoA and Pop, lounge/bar wise? Maybe stick to Epcot, HS, RR and CBR. And the whole having to pee thing? That worries me. Maybe best if staying BC/BW and starting at other end and gondola back to BW/BC. So here's how I'd do (if I would ever get back on a gondola which I might not due to anxiety):

Start at HS...Brown Derby lounge for martini or margarita flight.
Then to CBR. They have a Banana Cabana drink there somewhere...that's what I'd get.
Then to RR...try a lounge there. They will have a nice one (that's a plus for RR....see I can give positives).
ETA: Hmmm, looks like just pool bar, fancy rooftop restaurant and a quick serve...no stand alone bar/lounge)
Then to Epcot...pop into Rose and Crown for a beer.
Then over to BW...pop into AbracadaBar for a drink.
Le Petit Café at RR is both Quick Service and Lounge (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...le-petit-cafe/). Here's the description:
From morning coffee and pastry to late-night drinks and small plates, treat yourself to a sophisticated taste of Paris.
A fruit tartlet topped with berries
Ooo La Latté!
Slip away to this stylish patisserie for a favorite morning beverage or a relaxing cocktail at the end of the day.

Our exquisite, oven-fresh treats are the perfect accompaniments to our satisfying specialty coffee drinks.

In the afternoon or evening, stop in for cocktails, beer or wine paired with a selection of savory bites.

Featuring artistic decor and irresistible culinary creations, a visit to Le Petit Café is très chic and très yummy!
I'd definitely include that as part of my Gondola Crawl
Old 11-09-2019, 02:56 AM   #138
MMC1
Grand Villa

Rumor cause I don’t have specific details but DVC has just offered incentive discount to castmembers for Aulani and Riviera specifically.
Think they are nervous about sales?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:04 AM   #139
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Rumor cause I don’t have specific details but DVC has just offered incentive discount to castmembers for Aulani and Riviera specifically.
the fact that the price incentives right now are better than they were in May (when I bought) leads me to believe they are worried.

How often have direct prices gotten better as time has gone on?
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:19 AM   #140
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Let's see raise the price of annual passes, food and everything else associated with their theme parks. Put extensive restrictions on their newest property alianating
Its best customers, current owners. Spending millions on a gondola system that strands its customers for hours the first week of opening was not good press either. Aulani is a dog if you don't want to visit every year.
Expensive to get to and most likely a once in a lifetime trip for most. It has subsided points because they didn't even build it as planned. Smaller than originally supposed to be and 8 years later still not even close to selling out. Losing a lot of MF money. 7 month window has killed using the points elsewhere with the bungalows and cabins. Will only get worse with reflections cabins. Are they nervous? I think they need to go change their shorts cuz its beginning to stink around here.