home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-03-2019, 12:37 PM   #41
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
Where have you seen $25 a point? The range appears to remain $12-20 with the average remaining at $16 a pt. At least that is what I see on the rental boards.
i have gotten $21-$26 this year for december studios at bcv and bwv standard. it's all relative. i have gotten at least $19 on all my reservations rented with dec 19 points. it's work but doable.

price per point is meaningless without availability, another reason i prefer to book spec reservations. any owner can do this if they want.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 11-03-2019 at 12:48 PM.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 12:55 PM   #42
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Concerning nothing in particular...
whenever you hear the phrase "easy money", walk quickly in the other direction.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 01:02 PM   #43
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
i have gotten $21-$26 this year for december studios at bcv and bwv standard. it's all relative. i have gotten at least $19 on all my reservations rented with dec 19 points. it's work but doable.

price per point is meaningless without availability, another reason i prefer to book spec reservations. any owner can do this if they want.
I guess now we now who is walking all the BWV standard view studios.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:13 PM   #44
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
I guess now we now who is walking all the BWV standard view studios.
i've done a bit of walking in the last year, but not much. i own bwv...that helps...but only about 200 points.

if you want a studio at a desirable resort and a desirable time, walking is virtually mandatory.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 01:45 PM   #45
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I am a long time renter who does ask for a deposit prior to making the reservation. I do guarantee that the deposit will be refunded in full if the reservation can be made. I am also fortunate that I have regular renters and we have developed a strong mutual trust.

As an owner, I honestly see nothing wrong with asking for a deposit. If you book most other hotels, motels etc., they ask for a deposit , CC guarantee or full payment at time of booking. If the OP was making a Disney reservation, they would prepay the room. DVC rentals shouldn't be any different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Doctor View Post
ok children....back to the thread topic.

There must be trust on both sides of the rental process.

Renting DVC is not unique, special, or that difficult to understand.

I have rented my own DVC points for at least 15 years when I have excess points. I have also rented (transferred) points from other members with resorts I don't own on occasion to get the 11 month booking.

You can either get a deposit before booking a reservation or after. I choose to do it after as I have only been burned only once in 15 years and even then, I just cancelled the reservation and get my points back.

My advice to DVC owners is to do whatever you feel comfortable, there is no correct way.

My advice to renters is to try to rent from established owners that have been part of the MO community and have experience. I would NEVER send money to someone that has a brand new MO account or has less than 50 posts. The risk is too great.

With someone that has been on MO for over 2 years and has over 100 posts and is active, I would probably send them money before a booking is made.
Quote:
Well, the only difference is if you have to borrow points from next year to make a booking, then the renter changes their mind, then you may have a problem as you moved points from next year into this year and they will expire sooner, thus if the renter cancels, you can still get your points back, but they will probably need to be rented again quickly before they expire.

Yes, I agree that people like to see the confirmation and verify it in their MyDisneyExperience account.

I really have not had a problem with tire kickers.
I ask for a deposit up front before making the reservation, because sometimes I am borrowing or putting my own plans on hold to secure someone else's reservation. I'm not scamming anyone, and there's no right or wrong way once you've done your due diligence as a renter and rentee

For those wondering, why should I mess up my points balance for someone who may or may not follow through on a reservation? I don't need to rent my points; I choose to when I have people interested in my home resort at the price I've determined that I'm willing to part with any excess points for that particular UY. If the terms don't work for particular renters, there are other options and I'm OK with that. We bought first and foremost for our own personal use, and enjoy visiting multiple times each year.
2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:52 PM   #46
zafiro
Two Bedroom

Quote:
How about this....if you can get me $25pp on a DVC rental, then you can become MY private broker and I will do all the work and take all the risk.

The only thing you need to do is refer people to me for $25pp and I will send you $3pp for each booking I make.

Now that is EASY MONEY for you.
Sounds good to me. If I ever run out of my own points and you're willing to use your points and borrow to book when necessary, I'll take that deal. You'll have to let me know what resorts you own.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #47
DVC Doctor
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
Sounds good to me. If I ever run out of my own points and you're willing to use your points and borrow to book when necessary, I'll take that deal. You'll have to let me know what resorts you own.
Ill send you a PM
Old 11-03-2019, 07:21 PM   #48
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
And now, another short word from your sponsor:

Owners,

Are you looking for that extra protection to shield you from possible scams?
We can help.

Renters,

Are you looking for that extra protection to shield you from possible scams?
We can help.

David’s Vacation Club Rentals.
Quality Service since 2005.

https://www.dvcrequest.com

Thank you,

~ David
Thanks David. You provide a quality service for both renters and rentee.

With MF dues and buy in price going up, would u please think about the price per point.

Goldi

Last edited by goldilocks_63; 11-03-2019 at 07:33 PM.
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote