home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:05 PM   #8001
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

I donít know how a parent comes back from a loss like this.

It seemed all day yesterday so strange going about normal life knowing how much pain she and her family are in. Iím not sure how you do Monday after that.

I will have to make a decision on whether to attend the service during Covid times. The family may have a private one too. I think I would.

My sweet DIL has to go for a Covid test. Sheís pretty sure she just has a head cold but new Covid protocols require her to be tested. Sheís not excited because I guess the really invasive ones are painful.
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM   #8002
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post

It seemed all day yesterday so strange going about normal life knowing how much pain she and her family are in. Iím not sure how you do Monday after that.

I will have to make a decision on whether to attend the service during Covid times. The family may have a private one too. I think I would.

My sweet DIL has to go for a Covid test. Sheís pretty sure she just has a head cold but new Covid protocols require her to be tested. Sheís not excited because I guess the really invasive ones are painful.
If you can get out of attending the funeral without hurting the family, do it. Iíve been morally obligated to attend a couple in my lifetime, and they gave me nightmares. Fortunately, the last one I attended (a drowning in a home swimming pool) we were given the option to quietly slip out before the end of the service when the final viewing was done. I had to leave. I was with the parents at the hospital when we were working on their child, and I grieved with them. But looking at him a final time was more than I could do.
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #8003
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
If you can get out of attending the funeral without hurting the family, do it. Iíve been morally obligated to attend a couple in my lifetime, and they gave me nightmares. Fortunately, the last one I attended (a drowning in a home swimming pool) we were given the option to quietly slip out before the end of the service when the final viewing was done. I had to leave. I was with the parents at the hospital when we were working on their child, and I grieved with them. But looking at him a final time was more than I could do.
I will. I know I wonít be able to handle it. Since Iím removed from her since Iím retired she probably wonít realize Iím not there.
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM   #8004
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

The worst funeral I ever sang for was when a young boy died in a water skiing accident. Long and short of it, I didn't even know them well (they went to my church and that was it) and I had such issues being there. My friend who lost triplets was the worst I have been to, including my own mom's funeral when I was young. They are rough. I really feel so bad for them. Here we are not doing full services anyway... semi private so you may not be asked anyway. My heart breaks for them.
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #8005
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
This has nothing to do with Covid just the crappy year 2020 and sometimes just the crap that happens in life. I am so unbelievably sad right now. A former co-workerís 4 year old was hit by a car last week on the way to preschool and was at the University of Iowa Childrenís Hospital with a brain injury. I just checked in to her go fund me page and she passed away this morning. I cannot imagine such a loss. My heart breaks for her and her family.
Just heartbreaking... children are not supposed to go before their parents.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #8006
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:

That is just so very, very tragic. Oh that poor family. How sad.

I hope your DIL's test will be negative.
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM   #8007
sawickipedia
Two Bedroom

Quote:

OMG so awful... As a parent the thought of child passing is beyond comprehension. So much empathy for them.

To your DiL - I've had two PNR tests where they stick the nasal swab from hell up your nose - it's not painful per se just really awkward/uncomfortable/weird feeling
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM   #8008
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
OMG so awful... As a parent the thought of child passing is beyond comprehension. So much empathy for them.

To your DiL - I've had two PNR tests where they stick the nasal swab from hell up your nose - it's not painful per se just really awkward/uncomfortable/weird feeling
She said it tickled. 2 hour drive to get it was more painful.
She believes she will be negative. Friends of theirs but not close by have both tested positive but he is asymptotic. She had nasal congestion and thatís it. Such a strange virus.
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #8009
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
She said it tickled. 2 hour drive to get it was more painful.
She believes she will be negative. Friends of theirs but not close by have both tested positive but he is asymptotic. She had nasal congestion and thatís it. Such a strange virus.
First time it hurt me. Last 2 times I relaxed and breathed through my nose. My eyes barely watered when I did it. Glad it wasn't bad for her.

One of my friend's co-worker's teenage daughter tested positive. She lost sense of taste and smell. That was it. Did cause her mom and my friend to quarantine though (they are in the medical field working with patients) until the co-worker tested negative. My brother also had to quarantine because his coworker's wife tested positive during a routine test for work (also in the medical field and does weekly tests since she works in w care facility). She was completely asymptomatic.