home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-15-2020, 02:47 PM   #21
LauraLea
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParentsOfFour View Post
The Enchanted Rose was closed in July. Is it open now?
Oh, yes. Not sure when it opened, but we were there Labor day week. I made my way thru their martini list on our 40th anniversary. I was drowning my sorrow in the fact we could not go to V&A as we had planned.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 02:56 PM   #22
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
As an FYI brass are wind instruments. Any wind instrument or singer is tough now. String and percussion are the only real safe ones.

I've sung at church exactly once since March. It was for a friend's wedding. Only singer near me otherwise was my husband. We are working with filters and shields at church but even then only 1 or 2 singers. until we get plexiglass I won't go back.
Actually I don't think I've never heard a brass instrument referred to as a wind instrument. Of course that is how they operate but the usual reference I hear is brass. The wind section - ie wind instruments I ever heard referenced were flutes/clarinet/saxaphones etc where the breath is blown across the mouth piece or requires a reed. I'm not a professional though - just tried to play my trumpet and at some point tried to get sound out of every other instrument I could. I was barred from the clarinet by my father since my sister had played it and apparently not very well!
Old 09-15-2020, 02:59 PM   #23
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I think some of the direction Disney is going is not always great, but come on. Stop being so damn negative all the time about a place you claim you don't even want to visit. Right now it's not fair nor right to do.
Negative or realist? Even before this when Disney was raking in the money and supporting ESPN and other divisions they were scaling back on the live entertainment. Personally I think it's expressing the reality of what Disney will do.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:04 PM   #24
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

But they are definitely going to do everything they can to preserve financial health, also. That's just another reality.

I'm doing the same thing. I'm cutting back on Disney to strengthen financial health and put vacation dollars into vacations that offer equivalent return . . .

Dirk
Very true and understandable at the moment as they've been hit sooooo hard financially. They had done a decent amount of live entertainment cutbacks even before this though with no necessary financial reason other than for $$$ redistribution reasons (guesses I'm just not going to get into as we all know them).

Where it gets difficult for a visitor to accept is that ticket prices aren't adjusted but the experience has been.