home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-17-2020, 11:34 PM   #271
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I am thankful two amazing people came by our house today when DH and I were hacking away at our fallen tree with hand cutters and offered to cut down/up our tree with a chainsaw. We didn’t know them and they were just driving around helping people. Now we just need the stump removed but I don’t care about that. I’ll drill holes in it and make it a planter for all I care. A roofer came to cover our roof in case of rain or leaking.

We still do not have power but we aren’t homeless like many in our city.
It’s getting old though I’m not going lie. I had hot coffee for the first time in a week and hot food.
I had 5 days without power when a derecho cut through Clark gap in Virginia.
I was alone as my DH & DD were out of town visiting family. I borrowed a generator ( own one now) and camped at home for 3 days with 5 horses , 10 chickens, and 2 goats all needing water which I hauled by truck from a friends home 5 miles away two times a day and showered at their house. The saving grace was my gas grill had a side burner that I could do eggs, pasta, and glorious coffee by boiling water and pour through melitta filter until I had a generator. I will ALWAYS have a side burner on my gas grill forever more.
Coffee is a tonic!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 06:10 AM   #272
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Thank you.
Finally have power!! Yahooo!! No internet and no unlimited data.
So many in horrible shape here. It’s making my heart 😢 hurt.
142 mph winds.

Be safe too!
Once again the media can’t get anything right! They did mention Iowa getting hardest hit “with winds as high as 112 mph.” I thought that was a record. Can’t even imagine 142 mph!!!
Old 08-18-2020, 06:50 AM   #273
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I had 5 days without power when a derecho cut through Clark gap in Virginia.
I had no idea they came that far east!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:17 PM   #274
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

More happy news to report! Sis had her oncology appointment today. Her cancer responded well to the initial round of chemo, and she’s having minimal side effects. She’s actually having an additional scan at the moment, and will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow afternoon to enter the clinical trial. So, we are all very thankful for the positive results!
Old 08-19-2020, 03:17 PM   #275
Joeli
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
More happy news to report! Sis had her oncology appointment today. Her cancer responded well to the initial round of chemo, and she’s having minimal side effects. She’s actually having an additional scan at the moment, and will be admitted to the hospital tomorrow afternoon to enter the clinical trial. So, we are all very thankful for the positive results!
So happy to hear of some good news! Very glad for you!

Upcoming:
2021 (Mar - BWV, May - PVB, Jul - DCL Fantasy)
2020 (Oct - BWV, Nov - PVB, Dec/Jan - PVB/BWV)

Done:
2020 (Jan, Mar, Mar/Apr/May/May/Jun, Sept, Aug) - Swan, PVB, PVB/PVB/AKV/AKV/PVB, DCL Fantasy - (COVID-19 BOO), BCV)
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV, RCCL - Allure of the Seas
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Lion King/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #276
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:
Wonderful news!!!
Old 08-19-2020, 05:20 PM   #277
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Great news! I hope she continues to improve, until she can't improve no more!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:07 PM   #278
Kathy O
Studio

Quote:
So glad to hear this!
Kathy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 03:13 PM   #279
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Great news!!! So glad to see this.

We have power and internet finally. Life has taken a dramatic turn here for our city. They are trying to clear away the trees that have made driving hazardous and many traffic lights still aren’t functioning or just missing. I’m glad I didn’t end up with a traffic light in our front yard. So many scammers. So many homeless. I get to feeling okay and then go out and see the devastation and become depressed again. Trying to stay upbeat. Houses condemned. Businesses condemned...the pharmacy I was going for my shingles shot is a total loss. It was like a 60 mile wide tornado tore thru here that lasted for 45 minutes. 90% of the homes here have damage. 50% of the trees destroyed. The skyline doesn’t even resemble anything familiar. I drove by my house because my tree of 33 years is gone. Nothing is normal. Add 15 minutes to go a mile down the road because there may be trees in the road. The national guard is clearing roads and removing debris. Bless them.

The privacy fence behind us at the beginning of the storm looks like the magic carpet from Aladdin flying thru the air. That’s when we ran to the basement. A coworker of DH’s was driving and was hit by a flying porta potty.

I will be forever thankful that we are alive and only have property damage.
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote