home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
noreen99
Two Bedroom
 
noreen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 488
Default First adult only trip on a friggin holiday weekend

Looking for recommendations.

I have made reservations for a studio @ BWV for Memorial Day weekend.

My big sis is desperate to see Pandora. We will have two possible park days, but Bon hasn't been to Disney in over 20 years.

So much has changed and I can't even grasp where to begin.

We won't be looking for coasters of any sort etc. We are old lol.

Any thoughts?
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
bilzer
One Bedroom
 
bilzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 259
Default

I think in this situation you need to look at some crowd calendars to choose the park days. I think a lot will actually be determined by which day you can get a Fast Pass for Flight of Passage at AK. Thatís how I would work it. Make sure you are at the exact moment to book Fast Passes and always start with the furthest day out that you could possibly do parks.
bilzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #3
noreen99
Two Bedroom
 
noreen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilzer View Post
I think in this situation you need to look at some crowd calendars to choose the park days. I think a lot will actually be determined by which day you can get a Fast Pass for Flight of Passage at AK. Thatís how I would work it. Make sure you are at the exact moment to book Fast Passes and always start with the furthest day out that you could possibly do parks.
Not sure if we will be doing the flight of passage- 2 out of 3 have heart conditions, and I am scheduled to have hip replacement later in the summer.

I know I definitely want her to see Soarin but after that, I am stumped.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:39 PM   #4
Maddismom
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delaware
Posts: 256
Default

Be prepared for the heat and humidity and crowds! We were there for Memorial Day week and besides getting engaged in Magic Kingdom, it was crowded and HOT!
Planning will be key for you to get FP for what you want. Soarin should be easy enough to get a FP to whichever day you go to Epcot. I would look on this site and allears for reviews and be sure to make ADR's and FP's at the opening date. Also if you don't like the heat, think about doing parks early then back to resort for the pool or room to rest and then back to the parks later since they will be open late.
Maddismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 02:39 PM   #5
nrspepe
Two Bedroom
 
nrspepe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 705
Default

My best friend and I made a girls trip a few years back. We selected fast passes for each day and did little more than that as far as rides go. What I really enjoyed was going at a much slower pace than when family is in tow. We took time to take in the somewhat overlooked smaller venues. We also really enjoyed visiting the resorts...soap store at GF, speaking with guides at AK, drinks at Trader Sams and so on.

Felt like an entirely different experience.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:15 PM   #6
tink711
Add-on Aficionado
 
tink711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen99 View Post
Not sure if we will be doing the flight of passage- 2 out of 3 have heart conditions, and I am scheduled to have hip replacement later in the summer.

I know I definitely want her to see Soarin but after that, I am stumped.
For Adults-Only, haven't been to WDW in 20 years I would suggest:
MK:
IASW (Because you can't go to WDW without IASW)
TTA
Mickey's Philharmagic
Parades
Fireworks

EPCOT:
Soarin'
Movie in France
American Adventure - be sure to catch the singing group before the show
If anyone is interested in plants/gardening. the boat ride at the Land (Living with the Land) followed by the "Behind the Seeds" tour.
Disney & Pixar Film Shorts
Boat ride in Mexico
Illuminations

HS:
Toy Story
One Man's Dream
Fireworks
Indiana Jones (if it's still open, can't remember)

AK:
Na'vi River Journey
Bugs Life
Any of the Animal Exhibits
Safari
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo
The night show on the Tree of Life
Rivers of Light (not great, but good)
__________________

Always dreaming of my next visit ...





tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:53 PM   #7
noreen99
Two Bedroom
 
noreen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
For Adults-Only, haven't been to WDW in 20 years I would suggest:
MK:
IASW (Because you can't go to WDW without IASW)
TTA
Mickey's Philharmagic
Parades
Fireworks

EPCOT:
Soarin'
Movie in France
American Adventure - be sure to catch the singing group before the show
If anyone is interested in plants/gardening. the boat ride at the Land (Living with the Land) followed by the "Behind the Seeds" tour.
Disney & Pixar Film Shorts
Boat ride in Mexico
Illuminations

HS:
Toy Story
One Man's Dream
Fireworks
Indiana Jones (if it's still open, can't remember)

AK:
Na'vi River Journey
Bugs Life
Any of the Animal Exhibits
Safari
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo
The night show on the Tree of Life
Rivers of Light (not great, but good)
Tink- that exactly the kinda of thing I was looking for.
Mickey's Philharmagic- its hard to imagine she has never seen that or toy story mania.
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:55 PM   #8
noreen99
Two Bedroom
 
noreen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrspepe View Post
My best friend and I made a girls trip a few years back. We selected fast passes for each day and did little more than that as far as rides go. What I really enjoyed was going at a much slower pace than when family is in tow. We took time to take in the somewhat overlooked smaller venues. We also really enjoyed visiting the resorts...soap store at GF, speaking with guides at AK, drinks at Trader Sams and so on.

Felt like an entirely different experience.
Very excited to see trader Sams - and really hoping to finally go to jelly rolls....
noreen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:49 PM   #9
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 31,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddismom View Post
Be prepared for the heat and humidity and crowds! We were there for Memorial Day week and besides getting engaged in Magic Kingdom, it was crowded and HOT!
Planning will be key for you to get FP for what you want. Soarin should be easy enough to get a FP to whichever day you go to Epcot. I would look on this site and allears for reviews and be sure to make ADR's and FP's at the opening date. Also if you don't like the heat, think about doing parks early then back to resort for the pool or room to rest and then back to the parks later since they will be open late.

Getting engaged in Magic Kingdom? Congratulations!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:20 PM   #10
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom
 
JudieHopps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Zootopia, PA
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Getting engaged in Magic Kingdom? Congratulations!
Good catch on that one! I agree, congratulations!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software