home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 05:16 PM   #141
pdude81
Two Bedroom

I have a stupid question about annual passes actually. When you have one, let's say platinum, and you want to switch to a different kind, can you still get the renewal price? I don't know if having one at all entitles you to a discount on whatever one you want next time, or if you are stuck with the same exact pass moving forward unless you let it expire and purchase new.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:21 PM   #142
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I have a stupid question about annual passes actually. When you have one, let's say platinum, and you want to switch to a different kind, can you still get the renewal price? I don't know if having one at all entitles you to a discount on whatever one you want next time, or if you are stuck with the same exact pass moving forward unless you let it expire and purchase new.
During the renewal period, you can upgrade/downgrade to any level of annual pass you are entitled to and keep the renewal savings.

Old 02-28-2017, 05:22 PM   #143
pdude81
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
During the renewal period, you can upgrade/downgrade to any level of annual pass you are entitled to and keep the renewal savings.
Excellent, thanks.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:08 PM   #144
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Bought a Gold AP and will activate in May. Now going for NYE so can I upgrade at NYE to Platinum after using it in May? Should I upgrade on day 1 of May trip or day 1 of Dec trip? Also it's the 13 month, will I lose the extra month? Have to buy DDs APs to use in May and Dec, can I get them Gold and then upgrade on day 1 of Dec trip?

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s): March 3-10 at BWV, May 16-19 at HHI and Oct 28- Nov 2 at BWV
Old 03-04-2017, 02:14 PM   #145
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Is that because of DVC membership? When I tried pre-ownership in 2015, I wasn't allowed to downgrade my AP as a renewal. I had the option of staying at same level AP for renewal, or paying initial prices for different type of AP.
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), POFQ, PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:20 PM   #146
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
Is that because of DVC membership? When I tried pre-ownership in 2015, I wasn't allowed to downgrade my AP as a renewal. I had the option of staying at same level AP for renewal, or paying initial prices for different type of AP.
It's nothing special for DVC and should have been allowed for you to do as long as you were within the renewal windows.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #147
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
It's nothing special for DVC and should have been allowed for you to do as long as you were within the renewal windows.
Grrr...the uninformed CM strikes again! Good to know for future renewals, thanks!
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), POFQ, PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:24 PM   #148
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Bought a Gold AP and will activate in May. Now going for NYE so can I upgrade at NYE to Platinum after using it in May? Should I upgrade on day 1 of May trip or day 1 of Dec trip? Also it's the 13 month, will I lose the extra month? Have to buy DDs APs to use in May and Dec, can I get them Gold and then upgrade on day 1 of Dec trip?
You can upgrade from Gold to Platinum at any time. You would pay the difference between the current price of the Platinum and what you paid for the Gold Pass, they don't prorate based on time remaining.

Doing the upgrade should not affect the 13 month promo, but you should always verify the expiration date since that's a manual process.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:12 PM   #149
Adelard of Bath
One Bedroom

Default F+G crowds

Our next trip won't be until early 2018, but not totally sure when exactly. Today wife was looking at pictures of Flower and Garden and suggested maybe last week of February plus first week of March (two week trips, yeah!) to catch the beginning of the festival, she likes all the flowers. How are crowds that first week?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #150
Aka24k
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Just want to be sure I understand....

Great thread, thank you
I want to "try" DVC ownership, but don't want to go crazy on the budget. I am considering buying about 50pts at the lowest price resort (probably Vero? )... I just want to be sure I understand:
Question1: I can use my 50pts at ANY Disney World DVC resort, as long as there is availability? So if there were 2 nights available at BLT or AKL for instance, and I had enough points, I can reserve? (I understand about the 11 month & 7 month Windows) but we live near Disney so pretty flexible on our dates.
Question2: I understand the DVC perks don't come with resale, but does that include the DVC parties they have at the Magic Kingdom? Does resale still get those events?
Question3: If you wanted to buy at one of the lowest price resorts in Fl, considering price per pt/maintenance/contract length, which one would you choose?
Thank you!
Closed Thread