home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 04:45 PM   #21
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

I leave for Bangalore (with overnight stays in London both ways) in 3 days. Not looking forward to potential delays at customs or caused by demonstrations.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:15 AM   #22
FauntleroyDuck
Grand Villa

Happy to report!!!

So far Dulles to MCO were good today for friends and family. No demonstration happening at both ends. No flight delay.

FauntleroyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:50 AM   #23
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Posts referencing politics in this thread have been deleted. Those who posted accordingly are warned to not do it again.

Keep to a very narrow focus on the topic - the logistics of travel in light of current policies.

We are closing the politics thread by tomorrow morning. This thread is an example of why. Don't force us to close this one, too!

Dirk
Old 01-31-2017, 11:02 AM   #24
virtuoso1980
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Posts referencing politics in this thread have been deleted. Those who posted accordingly are warned to not do it again.

Keep to a very narrow focus on the topic - the logistics of travel in light of current policies.

We are closing the politics thread by tomorrow morning. This thread is an example of why. Don't force us to close this one, too!

Dirk
Thank you! I come here to escape everything else, to just feel good, and feel the Disney magic. Talk about politics kinda sours the mood. There is Facebook for that, guys!
virtuoso1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:28 AM   #25
Kickapoo Joie Juice
DVC Board Guide

Quote:

Dirk

Too subtle?
Kickapoo Joie Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:52 AM   #26
T1lersm0m
Grand Villa

Count me as someone who prefers to drive. As another poster said, to each their own. For us its 18 hours with stops for food, gas and potty breaks. I get anxiety flying. I grew up driving as we never had a lot of money so being in a car isn't a big deal for me. I have friends who hate to drive 5 hours; to me its just not a big deal.

FW Feb 2001
FW March 2004
AKL August 2004
DL July 2005
PC September 2006
All Star Sports September 2007
PC December 2009
POFQ January 2011 (cold year!)
Offsite March 2012
CS November 2012
Offsite November/December 2013
OKW December 2014
AKV November 2015
HHI December 2016 (one night only)
SSR December 2016
T1lersm0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:35 PM   #27
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickapoo Joie Juice View Post

Too subtle?
Went right over my head --- literally!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:48 PM   #28
eileenkeeney
Passing the time on a more satisfying site

Quote:

Dirk
If it is deleted, then I can't see what was deleted, and I can't learn from it, as what not to post.

Seriously,
Sometimes politics will intersect with issues directly related to traveling to Disney.
Knowing where the line is, between discussing the impact to our Disney Travel, and debating the political issue, will not be a thin line, but rather a grey area of some thickness (hopefully a not too thick).

I often read (and post to) a site dedicated to selling and buying Lego. They don't allow politics either. But they do make an exception when the political issue impacts people's Lego hobby (selling, buying, and building).
They delete if we get into actual debates about what is right and wrong, fair and unfair, etc ...
eileenkeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:49 PM   #29
eileenkeeney
Passing the time on a more satisfying site

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Went right over my head --- literally!
In my case it was too big, such that I could not even see what it was without scrolling.
This caused me to miss the immediate impact that I believe the post was intended to portray.
eileenkeeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:14 PM   #30
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenkeeney View Post
If it is deleted, then I can't see what was deleted, and I can't learn from it, as what not to post.

Seriously,
Sometimes politics will intersect with issues directly related to traveling to Disney.
Knowing where the line is, between discussing the impact to our Disney Travel, and debating the political issue, will not be a thin line, but rather a grey area of some thickness (hopefully a not too thick).

I often read (and post to) a site dedicated to selling and buying Lego. They don't allow politics either. But they do make an exception when the political issue impacts people's Lego hobby (selling, buying, and building).
They delete if we get into actual debates about what is right and wrong, fair and unfair, etc ...
I saw the first post, and the second post responding to it (there could have been more, I only saw 2). The line wasn't thin and the area wasn't gray. Both were obviously over the line and both were inflammatory. IMO Dirk did the right thing to remove them because each was just baiting another inflammatory post.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote