home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Adult Travelers - Singles, Couples, DINKS
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Does Walt Disney World Need More Adult Only Venues ?
Yes. It's time Disney took us Adults seriously and catered to our needs 47 34.56%
Yes. Although I do love drinking my beer next to the kid with the sippy cup 14 10.29%
No. Disney provides plenty of Adult Only locations. Seek and You will Find. 64 47.06%
No. Silly Rabbit Disney is for Kids 15 11.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2016, 05:25 PM   #21
salmoneous
Add-on Aficionado

What we really need is an OTB in SSR. Personally, I think it's a good idea to let kids in so they can learn... but Disney would probably make it an over-21 thing.
salmoneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:34 PM   #22
Tryntje57
Two Bedroom

I like the adults only venues on DCL and think Disney planned that out fairly well. No reason they can't have a Route 66 type district at WDW that requires a 21 or older MB.
Tryntje57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:37 PM   #23
goofy kc
Two Bedroom

I voted yes...but realize it won't happen. We are child-free and while we love kids and time in the parks, I would love it if kids were not allowed to actually sit at the bar. Tables, sure. This opinion is most likely the result of long park days and the search for a post-park cocktail only to see kids at the bar. Now, this is not a WDW rant, see the same thing at bars in local restaurants. Basically, wherever I go there are 4-footers blocking me from my cocktail.

I'll live...
Old 12-19-2016, 06:47 PM   #24
dawngayle
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Oooohhhh, I like that idea about the adult only hot tub. When we were growing up, it was an unwritten rule, no kids in the hot tub, allowing for the adults having some adult time, letting the kids know there is something to look forward to when they grow up. Now days, hot tubs are not relaxing with the kids splashing in and out all the time. (Please, none of the Disney is for kids chat, I understand that.....it just would be nice and another little resort perk.)

This.

Sorry guys.....I hate dodging kids in the hot tub. I was one of those kids that had to wait till I was an adult to get into the hot tub. I wasn't irrepabably damaged.
dawngayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:24 PM   #25
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Red face I would like a 21 over

Similair to the cruise ships

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:43 PM   #26
HiddenMickeyHunter
One Bedroom

Absolutely. Parents make no effort to corral their kids and it makes what should be a relaxing experience after a long day in the parks anything but.
Also cabana boy service would be nice at the pools, for adults only, of course.

I'm totally in favor of kid free zones and I think as more childless couples discover the magic of Disney, there will be more call for this. Y hopefully Disney will.a Ya, Disney is for kids...blah blah, but Disney is where anyone can be a kid. THIS KID wants to enjoy expensive meals (a la Cali Grill) without screaming babies and carousing toddlers. We can blame the parents all day, but heaven know THEY aren't going to change so Disney should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Oooohhhh, I like that idea about the adult only hot tub. When we were growing up, it was an unwritten rule, no kids in the hot tub, allowing for the adults having some adult time, letting the kids know there is something to look forward to when they grow up. Now days, hot tubs are not relaxing with the kids splashing in and out all the time. (Please, none of the Disney is for kids chat, I understand that.....it just would be nice and another little resort perk.)

Old Key West ( F&G) 5/2017 with Mom-in-Law
Boardwalk Villas (F&W) 9/2016 with Friends
Animal Kingdom Kadani Savannah - Thanksgiving 2015
Animal Kingdom - Kadani Savannah (F&G) 5/2015 with Mom-in-Law
Olde Key West (F&W) 10/2014 with Friends
Animal Kingdom-Kadani Savannah (F&G) 5/2014
Saratoga Springs (F&W) 10/2013 with Mom-in-Law
Boardwalk Villas (F&G), WDW & DVC Virgin 4/2013
HiddenMickeyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:44 AM   #27
pixiechaser
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Wink Keep Disney Family Friendly

I'm thinking that children may be left unattended if this happens. Book a singles trip if you are the party type. Although I do like adult hot tubs within eyesight of the main pool.

March 05 - Polynesian,,March 08 - Polynesian ,August 08- Beach Club- waiting for ROFR., April 09- Boardwalk as a DVC Owner
pixiechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:54 AM   #28
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Another no.
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:03 AM   #29
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

I would love it, but the "my child should be allowed everywhere" crowd will cry hysterically that "Disney is for families" (See above)

What they are really saying is "Disney should only be for families that fit MY model of what I think a family is!" Because two adults can be a "family" LOL!
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #30
Boundin'
Grand Villa

The best attraction Disney ever had anywhere was The Adventurers Club. It never got boring. Every night was New Year's Eve at Pleasure Island and that was awesome fun too. But those days are gone. Disney's idea of adult entertainment now is to throw a few knick-knacks on the wall of a themed bar. Or a Sephora.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib *** 9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas***10/2018 A Quick Stop at Pop!***BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year ***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote