home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 12:15 PM   #231
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1lersm0m View Post
Maybe not a stupid question, but I don't want to start a new thread.

DCL or Aulani? I just priced a 7 night cruise for May 2018.....$6000+ for a balcony stateroom for three people.

I'm really leaning towards Aulani. I'm thinking I can find an owner to do a transfer so I can have the 11 month window. I know DCL includes everything, and airfare to Hawaii will be pricey, but I just feel like I'll get more bang for the buck with Aulani.

Thoughts?
Aulani.

If you're looking at May I don't know that you'd have to find points from someone else if you have points yourself to use?
Old 03-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #232
jsweeney
One Bedroom

I've seen a few posts about subsidized contracts, esp at VB and Aulani. How do these work?
2007: Boardwalk GV
2007-2011: Annual trips to Night of Joy
2010: Port Orleans to run Disney Half Marathon
2014: Day trip to all parks with siblings
Jan. 2017: Fort Wilderness w/DW for first time
Jan. 2018: VGC - first trip to DL!

Me: Jimmy , DW
Old 03-17-2017, 02:31 PM   #233
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweeney View Post
I've seen a few posts about subsidized contracts, esp at VB and Aulani. How do these work?
The dues for those contracts have their maintenance fees lowered (subsidized) by Disney.

For Vero Beach, the first wave of owners were promised a much, much bigger resort and the maintenance fees was based on all those other rooms. Sales were terrible, and Disney canceled all the other phases. By law, Disney is responsible for the difference between the original timeshare offering and the revised timeshare offering of Vero Beach.

For Aulani, Disney made a huge mistake on calculating the maintenance fees for the resort when it first started sales. Sometime after the start of sales, the mistake was discovered and Disney corrected the MF but all the original owners got to keep the mistake, with Disney paying the difference. This mistake cost the head of DVC his job.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:32 PM   #234
bubster
Grand Villa

Can I put someone on my reservation at 1 resort if they are booked at another during the same time?
Old 03-17-2017, 11:05 PM   #235
Ariel's Sister
Studio

Default Eat to the Beat 2017 schedule?

Any idea when the schedule might come out? I am playing with dates for Oct and Dec........
MaryJane
Old 03-17-2017, 11:36 PM   #236
beemertec
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
Can I put someone on my reservation at 1 resort if they are booked at another during the same time?
Just spell the name differently. For instance, if the use their middle initial on one reservation, leave it off the other. I am told that this makes things easier.

That being said, we decided to check out VGF on our last trip while we were already there. We found one night so we booked it even though we were already booked and checked in at BCV.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:59 AM   #237
flypwm
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel's Sister View Post
Any idea when the schedule might come out? I am playing with dates for Oct and Dec........
MaryJane
That's the issue with LCCs - they issue their schedules pretty much whenever they like. They basically try to match demand with leisure travelers and don't pick up a ton of business travel, so they don't need to load 331 days out like the legacies.

I'm not sure what city you're based in, but one option is to look at legacy carriers and what they make available using miles. I've calmed down a bit on credit card churning (for sign up bonuses) and manufactured spending, but I still try and put every dollar through the right rewards card, and haven't had too much trouble getting the flights I want (early afternoon arrival, evening departure) to/from MCO.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:58 PM   #238
oufpat
Two Bedroom

If I want to use the Dining Package for River of Lights, what time should I make dining reservations for if I want to go to first show. This is for July, only showing 9:15 now and dining package has not been released yet, but I'm being optimistic and want to be prepared.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #239
delfinavacano
Studio

If I buy an annual pass online... do I have to wait three days for MM to kick in after activating it at WDW?

Also, if that rule applies, and I activate one AP prior yet someone else's MB is scanned in my party who didn't activate theirs till that day, does that matter as long as I am the main person on the reservation?

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:05 AM   #240
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfinavacano View Post
If I buy an annual pass online... do I have to wait three days for MM to kick in after activating it at WDW?

Also, if that rule applies, and I activate one AP prior yet someone else's MB is scanned in my party who didn't activate theirs till that day, does that matter as long as I am the main person on the reservation?

Thanks!

No need to wait, it'll work right away upon activation of annual pass.
Closed Thread