home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-02-2017, 09:19 AM   #11
carolina_yankee
Administrator

So, it looks like if you enter your zip, it gives you the list of stores you can shop from. You don't have to worry about which location within that zip. The Publix I normally shop at for WDW is in Regency Village Shopping Center. I think that's the one Instacart uses, as well.

I like Instacart the best. Their markup and delivery fees are less than Garden Grocer and their inventory is much larger. They can deliver to bell services are to you directly, and they have pretty narrow delivery windows, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

I ordered two days before arrival for a 5 pm delivery, knowing I wouldn't get in until around 7. When my plane landed, there was a text at 5:15 saying that delivery had been made. There was also a 4:45 text asking if a substitution from non-organic to organic on an item was permissible. Since I couldn't get the text, they made a judgement call and made the substitution, which was great. I would have been upset if that particular item wasn't available!

Dirk
Old 08-02-2017, 09:28 AM   #12
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
So, it looks like if you enter your zip, it gives you the list of stores you can shop from. You don't have to worry about which location within that zip. The Publix I normally shop at for WDW is in Regency Village Shopping Center. I think that's the one Instacart uses, as well.

I like Instacart the best. Their markup and delivery fees are less than Garden Grocer and their inventory is much larger. They can deliver to bell services are to you directly, and they have pretty narrow delivery windows, so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

I ordered two days before arrival for a 5 pm delivery, knowing I wouldn't get in until around 7. When my plane landed, there was a text at 5:15 saying that delivery had been made. There was also a 4:45 text asking if a substitution from non-organic to organic on an item was permissible. Since I couldn't get the text, they made a judgement call and made the substitution, which was great. I would have been upset if that particular item wasn't available!

Dirk
We had 2 substitutions on our order. One I caught and changed the replacement (it was a different flavor but I picked one I liked a little better that they wouldn't have known about) the other I didn't but the replacement was suitable.

We had an item that wasn't frozen when we got it (waffles) and it wasn't a big deal in the end. They refunded our account and gave us $5 extra for our troubles. We'll use it again for the times I don't want to go to the store myself.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:32 AM   #13
DISNEYFIX
Studio

Thanks for the info. How far in advance can you book a day and time? I ask because we only have a week to use the free shipping offer for first signing up. I woknder if i can put an ordee together and set it for the 17th our arrival day. Any experiences here?
Thanks.
DISNEYFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:38 AM   #14
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYFIX View Post
How far in advance can you book a day and time?
You can schedule the order up to 6 days in advance.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #15
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks for the info. How far in advance can you book a day and time? I ask because we only have a week to use the free shipping offer for first signing up. I woknder if i can put an ordee together and set it for the 17th our arrival day. Any experiences here?
Thanks.
You can create your order ages in advance and it will auto save. You can only do 5 days beyond (6 days total including today). So today I could do delivery today or up through Monday August 7th.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #16
DISNEYFIX
Studio

Thanks. For anyone else interested. Wait to sign up for the first free delivery it expires a week after you sign up.
Anybother tips?
DISNEYFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:25 PM   #17
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks. For anyone else interested. Wait to sign up for the first free delivery it expires a week after you sign up.
Anybother tips?
I thought I lost my free delivery by signing up early. However, when I went to make the actual order a month later, it said I still had a free delivery option. Not sure if that was luck, a new promotion, or what, but I don't like free delivery in the mouth!

Dirk
Old 08-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #18
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I thought I lost my free delivery by signing up early. However, when I went to make the actual order a month later, it said I still had a free delivery option. Not sure if that was luck, a new promotion, or what, but I don't like free delivery in the mouth!

Dirk
When I first signed up they didn't even say there was a time limit on my free first delivery. So not sure what is accurate with these.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:37 PM   #19
Malmel
Studio

So based on this and some other threads, I just placed my first Instacart order for our upcoming trip. Got free delivery. I am hoping to arrive at the resort by noon, and I scheduled the delivery from noon-1. If I'm not there, will they leave it with bell services? What about the alcohol? It says I'm supposed to show ID - the girl I spoke with at Instacart seemed to think anyone who showed ID could accept the delivery.

Does anyone know if this is true?
Old 02-13-2018, 10:20 PM   #20
taccol
Two Bedroom

Following this thread...what are the advantage over Instacart over the Amazon option. I live close by so we always shop before arrival, but would like to be able to offer the best option to those I rent to.