home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 03:38 PM   #71
WshUponAStar
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Here's my latest "stupid question"

Here's a little bit of background...

I booked a last-minute trip to Disney for the week of May 12-19, at SSR in a studio. A week after booking, I decided to add a day to the trip (May 11, also a studio at SSR). My flight through Frontier was originally scheduled to depart Disney at 9:00AM on the 19th, but was just changed to 6:00AM , so Frontier graciously changed my flight to depart Disney on Sunday morning (which was the flight I originally wanted, but didn't want to pay the extra money for...) Luckily, I was able to book a studio at SSR for the 19th.

I don't know if I want to have the reservations combined, because I am planning on purchasing the Disney Dining Plan, but I don't need it for all 9 nights (especially since we're arriving late the first night and leaving early the last day).

So, here's my question. Do you think they will make us switch rooms during our stay? Can I book the dining plan for the middle portion of the trip, then combine after?
WshUponAStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:33 PM   #72
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Why do I always have at least 1 notification showing in my account on the DVC website? I “mark as read” everything i have an option to mark. Is this just the booking notifications? I can’t seem to ever have no notifications.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #73
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking 31 day holding period

today is feb 12. I went to drop off last day from March 10-18 ressie.

CM told me that since I was within 31 days of the start of the ressie, that dropping the night of March 17 would go into holding.

I guess I missed this. I thought since March 17 was before 31 days, I'd be okay, but CM said no, it's always been the start of the reservation.

LOL - I've owned 15 years... and never knew this.

Just checking in with folks that this is correct info.

No worries, I can adjust flights, but just wanted to know for future.

TIA, Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 06:52 PM   #74
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post

CM told me that since I was within 31 days of the start of the ressie, that dropping the night of March 17 would go into holding.

I guess I missed this. I thought since March 17 was before 31 days, I'd be okay, but CM said no, it's always been the start of the reservation.

TIA, Goldi
Yes, that is correct. You would have needed to modify the reservation 31 days before the check in date. Any modification to a reservation after that - even if it's the last day of the reservation - puts any freed up points into holding.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:58 PM   #75
DVCjj
Two Bedroom

Quote:

TIA, Goldi
Never realized this. Good to know. Thanks for posting.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:04 PM   #76
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

TIA, Goldi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCjj View Post
Never realized this. Good to know. Thanks for posting.
And here's the info from the Member Website:

"Modifying a Reservation

31 or More Days Before Check-In If the new reservation uses fewer Vacation Points than the original reservation, the remaining Vacation Points will be returned to your account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls.

30 Days to One Day Before Check-In All Vacation Points will be placed in a Holding Account in the Use Year in which the reservation falls. If the new reservation uses fewer Vacation Points than the original reservation, the remaining Vacation Points in the Holding Account will expire at the end of your Use Year if not used.

On the Check-In date If the new reservation uses fewer Vacation Points than the original reservation, the remaining Vacation Points will be forfeited."

On another note - if you cancel a reservation on day of check in all points from the reservation are forfeited, not just the first night.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #77
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Thanks for the info

I'll have to be more careful in the future - to mind the 31 days prior to check in.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #78
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

The DVC ticket deal that has to be activated by Dec 31 and then used by, what is it, June??? I think it was buy 5 days get 2 days free. Can that be upgraded to an AP, either new DVC Gold AP or renewing my DVC premium pass? I have one of these tickets and likely can't use it but will need to renew AP on June 1 over the phone? Or I can buy a new AP when I am at Disney in March and just not activate it until March 2019? I realize I will be paying the difference.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise and Oct 14-15 at HHI then Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and Jan 18-21 HHI
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:00 PM   #79
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
The DVC ticket deal that has to be activated by Dec 31 and then used by, what is it, June??? I think it was buy 5 days get 2 days free. Can that be upgraded to an AP, either new DVC Gold AP or renewing my DVC premium pass? I have one of these tickets and likely can't use it but will need to renew AP on June 1 over the phone? Or I can buy a new AP when I am at Disney in March and just not activate it until March 2019? I realize I will be paying the difference.
You should be able to get credit for the price you paid. Disney does not bridge tickets they sell directly so you wouldn't get the value of a 7 day ticket though. You should be able to use it towards an AP voucher that you keep until 2019. You might be able to find a CM who will apply the value over the phone towards a renewal but that sounds hit and miss.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:12 PM   #80
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
You should be able to get credit for the price you paid. Disney does not bridge tickets they sell directly so you wouldn't get the value of a 7 day ticket though. You should be able to use it towards an AP voucher that you keep until 2019. You might be able to find a CM who will apply the value over the phone towards a renewal but that sounds hit and miss.
Thanks. I would rather get the voucher and then can do break between APs. And I can do that on my March trip. Yay!

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon cruise and Oct 14-15 at HHI then Dec 19-24 at BLT/BWV
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and Jan 18-21 HHI
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote