home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 07:13 AM   #271
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

OMG! I just read through the post about new direct sale minimums going up in 2 weeks for member benefits...... iíve been on a WL at 3 different resorts for 25 points direct since we got back from our NYE trip in early January. Hopefully one of them comes through soon. Iíll have to call my guide today.....

So, welcome to freaking Monday! Have a good day, everyone!

ME DH DS20 DD17
Old 02-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #272
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Happy freakin Monday everyone! On the bus heading to work. Like the driver in the morning. The afternoon guy makes me sick if I am trying to use my phone.

Pam, if you are already on the list I think they have to honour it, but I havenít read the thread.

Busy busy weekend. Havenít touched my cross stitch at all and this one is coming down to crunch time. Could you guys keep your crappy weather down there? Made cinnamon rolls yesterday, from scratch. They were delicious. DS wants to know when I am making them again. Never worked with yeast before, turned out better than I thought.

Dave, do you have work being done on your place while you are going to be away? What did you decide about DD?
Old 02-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #273
PAJD
Grand Villa

Ugh, Monday. Hope you guys had a good weekend! This one was way too quick, but I have to say, February is melting away quite quickly. January was brutal. So, Kelly, at least time's going by fast, although that can be a bad thing when you have deadlines.

We finished our painting in the big areas of the main floor, and I painted the kitchen. All that's left is the bar, the dining room and the powder room. Those should be easy. Over-ordered paint, but the girls want gray in their rooms, so looks like that Sherwin-Williams stuff won't go to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Ya Brian I'm really surprised the main NBC channel isn't showing yesterday and todays Olympic coverage ... we see it on NBC sports channel and also on (it's called) Olympic channel (shows highlights) ... Summer Olympics 2 yrs ago had it on all kind of side channels ... just surprised.
..... yep we put down salt, it really helps Sandy not to slip ... the ground and roads, sidewalks are still very wer, so true about re-freeze tonight

Brian and everyone I'm happy to report Frank Reich will be our new Head coach for the Colts. Several reporters both national and local have good inside knowledge sounds like its a done deal, 5 yr contract, but Colts I'm sure waiting for the final signed contract before announcing (don't blame them)

Frank Reich was Peyton Manning QB coach here yrs ago and of course is the winning OC of the Super Bowl with Eagles ... sorry Jeff you're losing your OC, but we're excited to have him as our new Coach ... (Yep Patty & all) i feel it worked out for the best
Brian and Karl, was hoping the same thing on the Olympics coverage. I know the time difference but would be happy to watch the stuff that happened overnight here the next morning and early afternoon.

Karl, congrats on the hire. You're getting a much better man in my opinion. I'm bummed that McDaniel's lack of integrity led to the Eagles losing a very good coach, but I think that's a blessing in disguise for the Colts. He deserved this opportunity. Good luck! Wondering if maybe the Colts or the Vikings will come to town to open the season on Thursday Night Football for the ring and banner ceremony. The QB coach is now the Vikings OC.

Anyway, busy week this week with basketball. Looking forward to getting in the spring routine though. Have a great day everyone!

MOD 122
Old 02-13-2018, 12:35 AM   #274
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
OMG! I just read through the post about new direct sale minimums going up in 2 weeks for member benefits...... iíve been on a WL at 3 different resorts for 25 points direct since we got back from our NYE trip in early January. Hopefully one of them comes through soon. Iíll have to call my guide today.....

So, welcome to freaking Monday! Have a good day, everyone!

Didnít you buy before the latest round of restrictions, Pam? If so, youíre just fine, I believe.

Yes, was in the 60s last night. Thursday too, apparently. Crazy.

Jeff, well done on the painting. Live stuff on Olympics tonight, at least.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:13 AM   #275
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Didn’t you buy before the latest round of restrictions, Pam? If so, you’re just fine, I believe.
True, and I do understand that. It was so I could try to get on a Member Cruise someday. I wouldn’t use points for it, but you have to have direct points or points prior to 2011 to even be eligible for a Member Cruise. I do not have either.

ME DH DS20 DD17
Old 02-13-2018, 01:15 AM   #276
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Jeff - on all the painting! I was wondering, how is your sonís arm? Back to normal now?

ME DH DS20 DD17
Old 02-13-2018, 01:38 AM   #277
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Ah, good point, Pam.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #278
PAJD
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Didnít you buy before the latest round of restrictions, Pam? If so, youíre just fine, I believe.

Yes, was in the 60s last night. Thursday too, apparently. Crazy.

Jeff, well done on the painting. Live stuff on Olympics tonight, at least.
Thanks, and yep, was watching the half pipe last night. My brother actually knows the father of the kid from Bend, Oregon - Ferguson. He's a dentist out there and they refer patients to each other. He did great, but Sean White was even better and didn't show his whole routine. I love watching that. Missed Chloe Kim's runs. Wow, 17. So many super talented young athletes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
Jeff - on all the painting! I was wondering, how is your sonís arm? Back to normal now?
Thanks Pam. Looks so much different in here. We love it. Great pics of cheer for DD, btw! DS's arm feels fine. He's easing into the throwing. Not doing much of it. He should be fine to resume full activities next month. Can't believe all that, and track starts in less than a month!

Working from home today. Hoping this warmer weather continues! Have a great day everyone!

MOD 122
Old 02-13-2018, 03:38 PM   #279
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
Wow, there has to be so much to do to get ready to move! Good luck getting through it all. That's really good timing on the rummage sale. Someday we will decide to downsize and I can't imagine sorting through all the stuff we have accumulated.
For sure. When we moved from STL to Phoenix, we cleaned out stuff. When we moved from the apt to the house, we purged more. I'm not sure where all this stuff comes from.

Pam - Congrats to DD and her team.

Jeff - on the painting. Any before/after pics?
Old 02-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #280
PAJD
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
For sure. When we moved from STL to Phoenix, we cleaned out stuff. When we moved from the apt to the house, we purged more. I'm not sure where all this stuff comes from.

Pam - Congrats to DD and her team.

Jeff - on the painting. Any before/after pics?
Thanks! Hmmm, not intentional before/after pics, but once we put everything back and it looks a little neater, I'll definitely do that. We got this really neat dark color for the bar room, which was intended to be a formal living room (sort of a waste in our house) that I want t put on sooner than later. I can't wait to see how that looks.

MOD 122
Closed Thread