home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2018, 02:26 PM   #71
yahoo
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Would go with the Minnie-van before any other method . Disney first ..everything else second !
yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #72
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
Would go with the Minnie-van before any other method . Disney first ..everything else second !
That's what they are counting on.

And in a few months the price will go up again....

Disney knows how to milk a cash cow!
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:40 AM   #73
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
That's what they are counting on.

And in a few months the price will go up again....

Disney knows how to milk a cash cow!
Indeed. I think this is part of a larger strategy to create a premium experience without having to open a premium park, such as Discovery Cove at Sea World.

For those guests willing to pay more and wanting a higher level of comfort/convenience, Disney can provide it. As long as they don't diminish the offerings for the rest of us, I don't have a problem with that.

There is an upside in that anybody can purchase an aspect of a "premium" experience without having to pay a full "concierge" upcharge such as Discovery Cove or a concierge class cruise ship booking. I've used the MV and enjoyed it, but it was a splurge and not part of my touring strategy.

I love the idea of the Dinner on the Savannah and look forward to doing it sometime. The Wild Africa Trek is probably the closest Disney offers to a Discovery Cove experience, and it's a fantastic tour. I just thought it held more value when it was it is introductory price than at today's prices!

Dirk
Old 02-14-2018, 12:01 PM   #74
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicAllAroundUs View Post
I agree completely. Uber/Lyft is perfect for groups of 4 or less, and if you needed more room... UberXL.
And the Minnie-vans ARE Lyft. So you're paying extra for the cuteness, and/or the carseats/lift if you need them.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:05 PM   #75
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I hate the price increase and still recommend not using them in 9 out of 10 situations.

However, for larger groups and families that require car seats, etc.....The Minnie Van service is perfect.

When its just Robin and I at the parks, we will use uber.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #76
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I love the idea of the Dinner on the Savannah and look forward to doing it sometime.
We did the 'Savor the Savannah' tour on our last trip to the F+W Fest. Worth every penny.

best,

.............john
Old 02-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #77
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
And the Minnie-vans ARE Lyft. So you're paying extra for the cuteness, and/or the carseats/lift if you need them.
Not really. They just use the Lyft app to act as the booking interface. What you are getting is the consistency of Disney Cast members driving and Disney vehicles being used.

Lyft drivers and vehicles and consistency are all over the place.

best,

..............john
Old 02-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #78
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

We took a minnie van last week. My sister in law invited us to go with them and stay for free!!!! She was attending a medical conference so her room at the Contemporary was free [covered by her emplooyer] . It could accommodate 5 and she and her kids were only a party of 2, so they invited us to join them. So, I bought little treats for the kids all week to show my appreciation. One of those treats was a minnie van ride to AK for the 7 am early magic hours so we could ride Flight of Passage. It was fun but we will not make it a regular thing. I foresee we will use it for special occasions in the future....even with the price increase.

But, dang....they squeeze money out of you at every opportunity!!!!

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS19 DD13

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote