home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-14-2022, 06:45 AM   #21
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

I think they have lots and lots of new CMs who are clueless which doesnít help anything. They were somewhat clueless before but now their lack of knowledge really hoses the veterans. And, I donít think ďthe guest is always rightĒ is in their training. It definitely depends on where youíre staying too. Jambo isnít the same, but there is not one familiar face from before March 2020. The Mouse lost a lot of talent when many moved or when not hired back. Iím not just saying character talent either. I feel as if many CMs donít have that love of Disney, but that was starting before 3/2020 as WDW grew in size. Itís very obvious to me when we go much more often. Iím not sure that will ever come back. If it does, it will take much longer.

Perfect example was the CM who checked my kids in at Kidani. I still believe she thought there was only one bus stop over at Jambo and put them in the last room in Kidani to be close to transportation.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 01:36 PM   #22
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDreamingDisney View Post
SeaWorld has been fabulous for the past year and a half plus the cost of an AP is much more reasonable for the 3 of us to renew those in July it cost just over $700 total. PLUS SeaWorld is constantly running specials for their AP holders such as $10 a month to use towards any purchase in the park food or gifts and a free ticket to take friends visiting from out of town! Weíve been able to take both sons, my sister and DDís BFF all for FREE!
We had SeaWorld APs for a couple of years. That's a really fun park.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:37 PM   #23
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

I am headed to AKV soon and will see what the mimosa situation is like. In the past they always said they were available 24/7.

Home Resorts - Riviera, VGF, BLT, BCV, AKV, PVB
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 05:03 PM   #24
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I am headed to AKV soon and will see what the mimosa situation is like. In the past they always said they were available 24/7.
Enjoy and keep us posted. I emailed guest services and got a cut and paste response that said there were no limits but did not specifically mention mimosas. Curiouser and curiouser. Have a nice time!

Owners since 2006- BWV, CCV & AKV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 05:09 PM   #25
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Enjoy and keep us posted. I emailed guest services and got a cut and paste response that said there were no limits but did not specifically mention mimosas. Curiouser and curiouser. Have a nice time!
Thank you! I will post after we return.

Old 08-18-2022, 11:52 AM   #26
richviii
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Thumb View Post
The bad thing is that Disney will just be able to sell our contract anyway, so they have no interest or incentive in fixing anything.
This to me is the biggest issue. As fast as people get off the DisTrain, more people are jumping on at higher rates. Will squeezing out profits backfire at some point? I hate to say I don't think so.

I would also say (and I am not defending poor customer service), I would say more guests are acting more entitled than ever before. And I am not talking us veterans who know better when we are told we can only have two drinks. I am talking the folks who "I dropped $xx,xxx money on this vacation and nobody gave me anything for free" crap. I would honestly hate to be a CM now as I think this has driven some of the apathy.

Recent
2021 Dec BCV/BLT, Oct - 50th at BLT, March - BCV, Jan - BCV - COVID Cancelled
2020 Dec - COVID Cancelled - Oct - BCV/DRR, May - DCL and DRR - COVID Cancelled 2019 Jan - AKV, Apr - HHI, Apr - CCV, BCV, May - Off-Site, Jun Poly, Nov BLT 2018 Jan - Swan & Dolphin, Apr - BCV, July - Disneyland, Sept - BLT, Nov - Swan & Dolphin, BLT 2017 Apr- BWV/BLT, Aug - VGC and Aulani, Dec - BWV & BLT 2016 Dec- BLT, Dec - Disneyland, Aug - Disney CX Summit - GF, Apr - BWV/BTL, 2015 - Nov - BWV/S&D, June - Off-Site, Apr - Contemporary/Off-Site, Feb - S&D, Jan 15 - Off-Site, 2014 - Nov - BLT, Aug - Off-Site, May - Off-Site, Mar - Off-Site, 2013 - Nov - Off-Site, Jun - Off-Site, 2012 Nov - Off-Site
richviii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 12:06 PM   #27
pooh bears mom
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post
This to me is the biggest issue. As fast as people get off the DisTrain, more people are jumping on at higher rates. Will squeezing out profits backfire at some point? I hate to say I don't think so.

I would also say (and I am not defending poor customer service), I would say more guests are acting more entitled than ever before. And I am not talking us veterans who know better when we are told we can only have two drinks. I am talking the folks who "I dropped $xx,xxx money on this vacation and nobody gave me anything for free" crap. I would honestly hate to be a CM now as I think this has driven some of the apathy.
There is starting to be a turn around in the market. more contracts on the market and prices are being reduced.
Old 08-18-2022, 03:01 PM   #28
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Thumb View Post
The bad thing is that Disney will just be able to sell our contract anyway, so they have no interest or incentive in fixing anything.
The bold says it all. Everyone thinks it's great when the build or convert more rooms to dvc but this is not the case. The last 3 disney hotels built were Galactic star cruiser 2022, Pop and A of A in 2001. Yes the tower was added at Coronado also but every other build or
to ma conversion since 2001 has been DVC. DVC is there cash cow. It costs about $10,000 to buy enough points for a week of vacation with 50 weeks sold and DVC having to keep there 2% there getting $500,000 for every studio they build or convert. Add in the dues which they take %12 off the top for running the place and the cash there making is crazy. The kicker is if you sell the next person has to keep making the payments on the dues. Empty hotel rooms don't bring in any money, dvc always brings in the $$$. All the guaranteed dues and guests makes it easy for Disney not keep up with maintenance, short staff and raise prices while giving less because the money is just going to keep flowing no matter what they do. You may see a change around 2040 when DVC will hve to start selling all the expiring resort all over again.
Old 08-27-2022, 12:21 PM   #29
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

At Jambo Concierge currently. Breakfast does include bobotie, hard boiled eggs, bacon, smoked salmon and usual assortments of fruits, pastries, etc.

Old 08-28-2022, 07:30 AM   #30
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

This morning they have yummy sausage vs bacon.

In regards to the drinks, the first time we asked for mimosas they just brought them. Another time I approached the lady and asked for 3 mimosas and I was asked who the drinks were for. I said DH and DIL. She okay as you can only have 2 mimosas. I took it to mean at a time but could be horribly wrong!