home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-28-2022, 09:19 AM   #31
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

I was a certified seller/server for my business and we were liable if we served more than 2 beverages to the same person at a time or overserved 1 person over time. This may be what’s going on.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 07:00 PM   #32
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
This morning they have yummy sausage vs bacon.

In regards to the drinks, the first time we asked for mimosas they just brought them. Another time I approached the lady and asked for 3 mimosas and I was asked who the drinks were for. I said DH and DIL. She okay as you can only have 2 mimosas. I took it to mean at a time but could be horribly wrong!
But they did bring the 3? They told me only 2 but when I showed (pointed out and we were just like 6 feet from) our table of 5, and then 7, they still said only 2. Was odd.

We go back in like 7 weeks with my sis and bro in laws. So we will see. I plan to only ask for 1 or 2 at a time, for DH and I, and let in laws handle their own. See if they still poo poo me asking for another round after we had 2 each.

Thanks for posting and letting me know. Hope you have a nice trip.

Owners since 2006- BWV, CCV & AKV

Last edited by Lamima; 08-28-2022 at 08:04 PM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 07:21 PM   #33
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
But they did bring the 3? They told me only 2 but when I showed our table of 4, and then 7, they still said only 2. Was odd.

We go back in like 7 weeks with my sis and brobin laws. So we will see. I plan to only ask for 1 or 2 at a time, for DH and I, and let in laws handle their own.

Thanks for posting and letting me know. Hope you have a nice trip.
So, from my point of view, that stuff isn’t “free” or “complimentary” or whatever. You are using points/cash greater than the value of the room alone for those extras. If there is a hard limit, it needs to be clearly spelled out. Or if the guests are drunk or unruly, cut them off. Otherwise, provide the service that the guests have “paid” for. That’s just not “magical.”
Old 08-28-2022, 07:33 PM   #34
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
So, from my point of view, that stuff isn’t “free” or “complimentary” or whatever. You are using points/cash greater than the value of the room alone for those extras. If there is a hard limit, it needs to be clearly spelled out. Or if the guests are drunk or unruly, cut them off. Otherwise, provide the service that the guests have “paid” for. That’s just not “magical.”
I agree. Though I have seen places do limits of drinks per person at once because they don't know when that limit will be hit. So you cannot take 3 at once for just yourself because they cannot know if you will become unruly. While Florida is a state where an owner is not liable for DUI or related issues, I'm sure some will want to limit to be safe. That's my only guess. I hope the CMs were misunderstanding and 2 meant two per person at a time.
Old 08-28-2022, 07:46 PM   #35
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I agree. Though I have seen places do limits of drinks per person at once because they don't know when that limit will be hit. So you cannot take 3 at once for just yourself because they cannot know if you will become unruly. While Florida is a state where an owner is not liable for DUI or related issues, I'm sure some will want to limit to be safe. That's my only guess. I hope the CMs were misunderstanding and 2 meant two per person at a time.
Yes, hopefully it was only a misunderstanding. Because all of those people enjoying club level at the various resorts just means fewer people in line with me to ride FOP! So I want them to get their money’s worth.
Old 08-28-2022, 08:16 PM   #36
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Yes, hopefully it was only a misunderstanding. Because all of those people enjoying club level at the various resorts just means fewer people in line with me to ride FOP! So I want them to get their money’s worth.
I'm with you 100%
Old 08-28-2022, 10:44 PM   #37
FessParker1
Grand Villa

We went to steakhouse 71 for breakfast. Bottomless mimosas $15. Server brought 1 each and disappeared. When DW saw him she asked where he was and said we had been waiting for another. This was the result along with a to go cup. Maybe when there's a tip involved you get more?
Old 08-29-2022, 12:40 PM   #38
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
We went to steakhouse 71 for breakfast. Bottomless mimosas $15. Server brought 1 each and disappeared. When DW saw him she asked where he was and said we had been waiting for another. This was the result along with a to go cup. Maybe when there's a tip involved you get more?
Wow...that's more than 2 per person...lol. But also a lot of juice in those. The best ones were at the Cali Grill brunch. They used juicy bobas in bottom of glass that was basically all champagne. Mmmm. Maybe in October I will just ask for glass of champagne and use the juice on the buffet to make my own stronger mimosas.

Owners since 2006- BWV, CCV & AKV
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 01:27 PM   #39
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
Wow...that's more than 2 per person...lol. But also a lot of juice in those. The best ones were at the Cali Grill brunch. They used juicy bobas in bottom of glass that was basically all champagne. Mmmm. Maybe in October I will just ask for glass of champagne and use the juice on the buffet to make my own stronger mimosas.
I don’t order Mimosas. I order champagne with a splash of OJ or a orange twist!
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 04:24 PM   #40
Rozzie
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
I don’t order Mimosas. I order champagne with a splash of OJ or a orange twist!
Ditto! I order my juice on the side.
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote