home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-29-2020, 10:58 PM   #61
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Kennel

Not so sure about this...LOL

KOna

VGF/GF

Owners since 2006- BWV & CCV
Next trip(s):Jan 18-23 SSR, Sept 2-7 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Last edited by Lamima; 12-01-2020 at 09:27 AM.
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:03 PM   #62
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Epcot

Calvicade- Anna and Elsa

2nd Calvicade- Mickey and friends

Beach Club

Epcot

View from BCV room:

Next trip(s):Jan 18-23 SSR, Sept 2-7 CCV&BWV and 2/12/2022 Odyssey of the Seas Cruise

Last edited by Lamima; 12-01-2020 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:19 PM   #63
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Enjoying the TR. I just can't believe that crazy guy at checkin. That's just insane sounding that he wanted an exact room, and he thought he'd bought that one room. but then to be so ugly. geez.

Ha. I made coffee in the bathroom too, so I wouldn't be in there waking up the kids in the living area, or even hubby in the bedroom. I bring my Keurig, and it's kinda noisy while brewing.

Hope you enjoy Epcot/BCV, and all of it. Looking forward to hearing about the kennel there too.
Anxious to see how the kennel goes. He struggles now that he's old and can't see or hear very well. He will be super happy when we pick him up Wednesday. And our keurig is noisy too and we joke about it all the time. I will be watching TV and DH will use the keurig and I miss hearing a good part and shoot him a look. The paper DD is writing is taking a product and advancing it (making it better) and DH suggested a quiet keurig. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I’ve felt the same. My face sweats. I’m not sure how we managed September. We decided this trip we’ll do March but not June. Too hot.

Enjoying your report.
Yep. No way would we do April through Oct in masks. And Thanks!!

Old 11-30-2020, 08:38 AM   #64
Joeli
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamima View Post
The paper DD is writing is taking a product and advancing it (making it better) and DH suggested a quiet keurig. LOL.

I just cranked up our Keurig and thought the same thing...worse is when you need to “pop” the Pod! Quiet opening pods would be a nice bonus!

Upcoming:
2021 (Mar - BWV, Apr - AKV (K), May - PVB, Jun - BLT, Jul - BLT, SSR/DCL Fantasy, Aug - PVB, Sept - BWV, Oct - PVB, Nov - PVB, Dec/Jan - PVB/BWV)

Done:
2020 (Jan, Mar, Mar/Apr/May/May/Jun, Sept, Aug, Oct, Nov) - Swan, PVB, PVB/PVB/AKV/AKV/PVB, DCL Fantasy - (COVID-19 BOO), BCV, BWV, PVB (bungalow)
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV, RCCL - Allure of the Seas
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Lion King/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:19 AM   #65
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Thanks for the updates and for the photos!

We are going to Biergarten for the first time on our NYE trip. I am really looking for to trying it out, even if the normal buffet is gone.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:17 PM   #66
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
I just cranked up our Keurig and thought the same thing...worse is when you need to “pop” the Pod! Quiet opening pods would be a nice bonus!
Yes! I wonder if the fancier machines are more quiet. We have a cheaper one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Thanks for the updates and for the photos!

We are going to Biergarten for the first time on our NYE trip. I am really looking for to trying it out, even if the normal buffet is gone.
It was yummo!!! I iked the platter being served better than having to go to the buffet. It was a ton of food. One platter of salads (tomatoes and cucumbers, potato, beet and macaroni). Then the main dishes on a platter (sausages, kraut, meatballs, chicken, spaetzle and schnitzel). A basket of pretzel bread. And 2 platters of desserts (one with apple strudel and another with a cream cheese like cake, berry compote, chocolate roll and cookies). And you can ask for more.

Here is this pic I didn't put in above.

Last edited by Lamima; 12-01-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:09 PM   #67
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Today, Monday, we woke around 7ish. Made coffee in the bathroom and laid around thee room. DH eventually went to the gym and I took a bath. DD got up around 9:45. We had a noon ADR at SPice Road and DD doesn't like it there so she took a pass and stayed in the room to finish paper. Before we went, I walked to the market and bought some breakfast items for the room (though we likely won't eat them while here). I also went to the car to grab a couple things.

Then DH and I went into Epcot. It was a like 11:45. They let folks in a little before opening. We were the only ones dining at Spice Road and sat on the patio. It was busier later in the day when we walked by. But we had a great lunch. The menu us smaller than before. They gave a 20% DVC discount. Sweet!

After the lunch I was a bit cold. The temps had dropped a little and it was windy so I shot back to the room to put on warmer attire. DH met me just inside the IG and we walked around a bit. Started with the UK back area and did the little maze.

Walked around and got some drinks and discovered they have a few booths inside the festival center near Canada. There was a band in there playing Xmas music and other music. They were good.

Then we checked out the new America pavilion. I got a frozen iced tea lemonade with Tito's and DH got some moonshine drink. They were both good but DH's was scary good (could be dangerous). The moonshine drink is in the background (red one with blackberries in it).

We walked to China because I had been itching for the chicken curry at the booth. Not only was it really good but it was a HUGE portion. Unless the CM just was nice and gave me a good pour so to speak.

Photo is after we ate 3/4 of it.

After that we were ready to head back to the room for a bit. DD had finished her paper. So we all just relaxed in the room. Then, around 5:50, we walked back into Epcot to eat some dinner. We did some more booth things. The duck confit in the festival center was disappointing. Took DD to the America bar and got her one of the moonshine drinks. The bar tender told us it is the #1 drink right now at WDW. According to some of the bloggers. We strolled around and ate a couple more things. ANd left around 8pm.

Tomorrow is AK with lunch ADR at Y&Y to use our Landry's gift card. And dinner is at Topolinoo's later.

Old 11-30-2020, 11:31 PM   #68
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

I can't envision this Festival Center you mentioned by Canada. Where is that? I keep thinking its the building by Ellen's but that is not even close to where you are talking about.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:21 AM   #69
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
I can't envision this Festival Center you mentioned by Canada. Where is that? I keep thinking its the building by Ellen's but that is not even close to where you are talking about.

It’s the World Showplace building between the Canada and U.K. pavilions.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 09:10 AM   #70
Kmermaid
Two Bedroom

"Tomorrow is AK with lunch ADR at Y&Y to use our Landry's gift card. And dinner is at Topolinoo's later."

Y&Y mmmm. Last trip we rope dropped AK with a lunch at Y&Y. Pounded out everything we wanted to do and lunch at 12:30. Ordered the garlic noodles and coconut shrimp appys as my meal with the Korean beef entire to go. Yum the beef was so good after sitting in the frig for a day.

Not sure if you have dine at Topolinoo's before but give yourself half hour before your res to enjoy a drink outside their rooftop bar area. Awesome views.