home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #11
mitchwebb
One Bedroom

We have done Thanksgiving week twice and really enjoy that time of year. Our Girls when younger would have the whole week off of school. I just canceled a large May 2021 trip and was lucky enough that they put back 150 Points to Dec 2021. I have 150 points to use by end of Nov 2021 and if a vaccine is available and numbers are low we will go.

The crowds are nice the beginning of the week and defiantly pick up around Wednesday. I like to add a couple days on after Thanksgiving to enjoy the Christmas extras at Epcot.

You might need to walk a reservation if you are after a particular room type and location. We will be booking a 1BD at BWV so it should not be a problem. The studio and 2BD units fill up first.

If you have your heart set on a certain dinning location for Thanksgiving book early.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:43 PM   #12
beadel
Studio

Default Thanksgiving

I had been to Disney World many times. My new husband had never been there.

I prepared my husband about temperature, humidity, long lines etc
When we went after 9/11. The parking lot was mostly empty. Actually, it was like Wally World - the parks were empty and no lines. My husband commented that it was not so bad.

If you need to make reservations do so when you can. You can cancel before 30 days with no penalty. I have scheduled Animal Kingdom for April 2121 but I do not think we will be going, because I fear that covid 19 will be raging. But I hope by November, 2121 you will be safe.

Beadel
beadel is offline   Reply With Quote