home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Default ROFR Support Group ... March Chatty Thread

Hello March ... today is my sisters birthday ... Happy Birthday Susie !

Previously on the ROFR Channel :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmer55 View Post
Here is a link if anyone wants to watch, we are the 1 horse in race 3:

https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/racing/replays
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
WOW!! He lead the entire way....nice! Congrats!!

Talked on the phone tonight with a college recruiter for DD. She is deciding wether or not she wants to maybe go for soccer or competitive cheer. She thinks she may have a better opportunity for CC. I can't argue with that. And we have an insider who we can talk with who will give her the straight scoop -- the tumbling coach. He was DHs college roommate and will be honest about her chances and ability.

Good night....you know what tomorrow is.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Ha, not quite, Nancy.

Very cool on the possible recruitment of your daughter!

Yep, itís that time. Freaking Monday once again... Bah humbug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAJD View Post
(highfive) on the meet Dan and Pam!! Great job by DD Pam, and good luck with the decisions!

HAHA on the shirt Dave. Perfect.

Mike, congrats on the great weekend with the bar and the horse! Glad to see Brian and Jason made it up there. Brian, need a report on the Meatlovers Flatbread please!

Belated Happy Birthday Karl! Hope it was a great one

Crazy weekend. Game Friday night was nuts. Our gym is very small and it was absolutely packed and really loud. Everyone wanted to see us beat that team. They are an A team, and we're in a B league. We have 4 B teams and 1 A team at the varsity boys 7th/8th grade level. We split our B teams evenly talent wise. So it would have been a major upset if one of our teams beat them, and ours was the only one who came close.

Game started off slow for us. They hit all their shots, we missed most of ours, DS got into foul trouble almost immediately, and had to sit out most of the 1st half. That killed our defense. We were down 17 at the half and looked like it was going to be a rout. We clawed back into it in the 3rd quarter, cut it to 9 going into the 4th, and got within 5 with 2 minutes left. The gym was nuts, but we couldn't get closer. Great game, great season, and really proud of those boys. By far the most fun DS has ever had playing basketball too.

DD's team came out of the loser's bracket in their playoffs and won the Championship yesterday! Really good effort, and DD played great.

Now it's track, softball and baseball after a really short break. Looking forward to the spring. Happy Freaken Monday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Thanks everyone on the birthday wishes ! (highfive) ... I had a great day and a good birthday ! ... spent time with family (yep DGD) and got to hear from you nice peeps !! (highfive)
Quote:
Pam Dan great pix of you all ! (highfive)... glad you all got to have a mini meet (highfive)
.... Pam congrats to DD and making State ! ... good job (highfive) ... good luck with DD college decisions (big smile) ... very impressive either way

Dan sorry to hear about the flooding in your area, we have flooding too, but thank goodness it's receding .. congrats on DS (Dan's) new job !

Dave Great

Wow very impressive Michealangelo ... that is so cool
.... Yep Westerdale wins, successful Riley Fibbers opening, Brian and Jason get to enjoy it .... Yep Great Weekend

Thanks for the link Mike, i was on my phone seems like all day Saturday and couldn't find it, now i know why, the race was Sunday ..... Wow impressive wire to wire pull away Victory ... impressive time on a sloppy track too ..... Ya Man !!

Brian Great !! you had a great time in Long Island and got to enjoy Mike's bar opening with Mike and Jason (highfive) ... Very cool deal

Jeff congrats to DS and DD ... sorry DS got into early foul trouble ... but what a great tournament and experience for him (and DD too) (big smile) (highfive)

Really 24 images
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
Nancy - I didn't know you traded the cards too. They don't do that on the ships. But on being the cool grandma!

Mike - What a great weekend for you! It even started off at WDW. Congrats on the successful bar opening and Westerdale's win.

Pam - Congrats to the team! And for DD! Nice meet pics too

Dan - You guys are all dry I hope with all the flooding around. Congrats to DS

Brian - Glad you had a good time and some good eats on the weekend too.

Dave - I love that shirt too

Jeff - Congrats to the kiddos. Enjoy your short break.

Karl - Glad you enjoyed your day.

The wedding turned out lovely. I got most of the laundry done on Sun too. Just two loads to finish today.
Quote:
Congratulations to both your daughter and son and their respective teams, Jeff! Great stuff.

Meat loverís flatbread was quite good, but it was the pastrami bomber that blew me away. Craved that at lunch today. Dinner, too... And now.

Thanks, Karl! Glad it was an enjoyable birthday.

Thanks, Norma! Glad you enjoyed the wedding.
Quote:
Thanks Karl and Brian! Pastrami Bomber is a great name. What was in it (aside from pastrami of course )?

Glad you had a nice time at the wedding Norma!

Mike, I was able to watch the video when I got home. Couldn't play it at work for some reason. WOW. Westerdale looks darn good, like way better than the rest. Best of luck. Keep us posted on the progress of course. Preakness would be unreal.

Chilly start to the day. Just a bunch of work to do today, and off to the running store tonight to get all the track shoes (secretly one of my favorite stops of the year - I love when DD gets back into running). We've got all the baseball and softball gear ready to go.

Have a great day!

WDW

Last edited by Indy; 03-01-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #2
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

- pg 2 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
So...this mini-meet happened today..... It was a fun afternoon visiting and I'm so glad we all took the time to do it!!

And then we went to DDs meet and they placed 3rd to go to states. They were 2nd after the first and second rounds, then bobbled a stunt in the third round and fell to third. That's ok...this will be the 6th time in 7 years going to states!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Found a t-shirt for Brian

WDW
Old 03-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #3
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

- pg 3 -

Quote:
For those on the cruise, if you're lurking ... Hope you're having a Great Time !!
Quote:
Mornin everyone!
Quote:
Having a great cruise so far. Great friends, food, and drink.
Just docked in Costa Maya. Anyone want us to sign you up for the next go-round in 2020 before we get off the ship? Feb 15, 2020. Southern Caribbean on the Celebrity Summit. 7 nights, leaving from San Juan.

Preakness possibility for Westerdale? That's awesome Mike! What's the path to also running the rest of the triple crown? I suppose you don't run all 3 unless you win Kentucky??
Quote:
Good morning all

Dave - Enjoy the sun.

I loved the Southern Caribbean and do want to go again.

Jeff - Will the girl that DD was most competitive with last year be running again too?
Quote:
Hey Norma,

There was a girl last track season that DD ran against every week that she couldn't beat in the 400. She moved up in age. But you never know who's coming up behind or who decides to run this year. DD has been working hard to get ready for the 100, 200 and 400.

Her rival in XC runs the 800 and the mile for track. She's really good at those. Those take up a lot of energy. So she probably won't compete with DD unless her mom makes her run the 400. Mom is a little nutty (and slightly obsessed ), so I wouldn't say never.
Quote:
Well the path seems to have changed, instead of running in the "win and your in" preakness prep, we are now leaning to the Wood Memorial, which is a grade 1 Kentucky derby prep race. We would have to win to be guaranteed of being in the Derby. and while it sounds good I am not sure we are quite that good of a horse. But, hey, you have to give it a whirl, even if we don't belong we know we have a pretty special horse.
Quote:
Besides the pastrami there was bacon (perhaps my two favorite meats right there, haha), slaw, and cheddar on top. All on a ciabatta bread. And now Iím craving again...

Hope the shopping went well.

Glad youíre enjoying, Dave. Sue (and Gary) was asking me pre-cruise what dates could get me aboard. Suddenly very tempted...

How cool is that? Amazing. Best of luck!
Quote:
Yep Brian, pastrami and bacon and cheddar. Really, after that it doesn't matter what else is on it. I'll eat that morning, noon and night!

Very cool Mike. Looking forward to seeing the next race. That horse does look different from the others.

Mornin all! Looking like a pretty nice day around here.
Quote:
Mike - That's very cool. Good luck with whatever gets decided.

Anyone else as ready for the weekend as I am even though I may have to paint the fence this weekend? Or is anyone up for a trip to AZ this weekend to help paint? I have a spare bedroom that is not full of boxes or anything yet!

I also can't say "paint the fence" without thinking of Mr Miyagi.
Quote:
I immediately thought of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.......
Quote:
Yep, Mr. Miyagi for me! I wish I could take a trip down there this weekend. Yes, been ready for the weekend. I still miss last weekend!

WDW
Old 03-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #4
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

- pg 4 -

Quote:
Thxs Norma and Brian ... on it was a good b-day

Brian Pastrami bomber sounds great

Norma .... Wax on ... Wax off

Dave cruise

Mike wow! Wood memorial ! Very Cool just qualifying for it .. is impressive

Jeff you buying any shoes for you at the track shop ?

Good Afternoon everyone
Quote:
Brian your name may have come up once or twice when discussing the next cruise.

Mike... that's awesome. Might have to go to the Derby if Westerdale is in it!

Cozumel day today. Just got back from a bar hop around the island. Not a bad way to spend a day
Quote:
Haha, nice to be discussed... Continue to enjoy, Dave!

Norma, definitely ready for weekend. Painting I could do without.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
It would be nice to be on the cruise. I finally got DH on board with the hall bathroom remodel. We have ordered a new vanity, and now my head is spinning trying to chose tile for the floor. I am seriously over-thinking it. And then I started watching you tube videos of tile installation....I think I need a nap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Hi all!

Anyone read the thread ďWarning To MO? ď. Itís from the Admins. Interesting...

ĎOle! Dave, where to next? Heard Janet and Chuck bumped into family friends on your cruise. Letís all sing ď itís a small small world!

Good luck with horse racing Mike. Keep us posted!

No fence painting here Norma. Our activities in New England in Feb/March is couch potato-ing. Iíve mastered it this year 😄. Too cold to paint outside here.

Bring on the weekend
Quote:
Good luck with the tile decision, Patty.

Yep, Nancy, I still read every thread. Very interesting.

Agreed on the couch potato, that one Iíll join in on anytime, haha.
Quote:
Patty - Good luck with the tile decision.

Nancy - If I couch potato too much we'll be dragging crap across the country we don't really want. But I'd be good with some couch potato-ing.

Dave - Continue to enjoy!
Quote:
Hey everyone!

Good luck with the bathroom remodel Patty!

Yes Karl, as a matter of fact I did! I usually do get new running shoes for myself when I take DD there. Turns into an expensive trip, but they do give me a nice team and coach's discount Picking them up after work today.

I read that thread too. Interesting. I get it, understand it, but I don't see posters here as a threat to divert the masses away from the original source. But rules are rules for a reason I guess.

Dave, sounds like a blast. Have fun!!!

Got some big coastal storm heading our way, which means more rain Man, I better not hear anything about drouts this summer after all the rain we've gotten the last couple of months.

Weekend is almost here!

WDW
Old 03-01-2018, 05:31 PM   #5
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

cool Jeff nice way get get a discount on running shoes

WDW
Old 03-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #6
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Thanks Karl! I totally didn't even think about it being March! Yikes!
Old 03-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #7
D C
Add-on Aficionado

March? Already?

Hello from Grand Cayman!
Old 03-01-2018, 08:01 PM   #8
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks Karl!

Hi Dave!

Hi Norma!

Patty, feel free to ask for help on the bathroom project. I'd be happy to lend a word, and I'm sure Dave would be too.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:47 PM   #9
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Hi Dan, you're welcome .... Dan Pam congrats on Michigans win today

Hello to the Cayman Islands .... such a cool place ... what excursion did you do Dave ? ... yep I'd probably go to Sting Ray City

Brian Mike Jason are you hearing much about the Big 10 tournament ? ... they moved it to Madison Square Garden this yr, for ratings i believe.

Yep Indiana plays Rutgers in the Big 10 tournament in about 15 minutes

Norma what's the latest on your move ?

WDW
Old 03-01-2018, 10:08 PM   #10
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for the move, Karl! Happy Birthday to your sister.

Havenít heard much about the tournament. Best of luck to Indiana.

Nicely done on the shoes, Jeff. Thatís my Saturday afternoon activity, in need of a new pair, actually should buy two. Sneakers, too. Ouch says the wallet.

Finally Friday ahead.
Closed Thread