home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 09:40 AM   #91
carolina_yankee
Administrator

The best strategy to effect change in this case is for people who have bad experiences to complain directly, in person, to somebody at the desk and to follow that up with a report to guest relations and DVC.

The next best strategy if that doesn't work, is to flood the internet with social media shaming bout what the "Disney Difference" really is.

I know they don't want their guests feeling this way, but I'm certain they are stuck between risk management and guest surveys, so they need more "encouragement" to look for a better way.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:43 AM   #92
disneyfreak89
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Disney is exhausting enough as it is, especially for somebody at less than 100%.

Disney absolutely needs to know how this affects their guests. They can adjust the policy or the approach.

In your case, there might be a helpful solution. Disney has told me that you can notify that the front desk that you want to your checks to occur between a certain window of time. Outline your medical reasons (we need our rest!), and they should put the request through. Be sure to do this at they physical front desk. Calling gets you a call center that won't know what to do.

Dirk
Thanks I will definitely try that if we go back.

Honeymoon '89 - OFFSITE 1990 - FW; 1992 - Dixie Landings; 1996 - FW; 1999 - FW/CSR; 2001 - Dixie Landings;
2003 - FW; 2005 - POFQ/ POR; 2006 - Pop; 2007 - Pop/CBR; 2008 - SSR/OKW; 2009 - Pop/CSR; 2010 - VBR/WL/Pop;

2011 - SSR/BWV/AKV; 2012 - SSR/BWV/VBR/HHI; 2013 - POR/SSR; 2014 - OKW/BCV; 2015 - SSR; 2016 - Pop/SSR/AKV - 2018 - POR
disneyfreak89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:39 AM   #93
MagicAllAroundUs
One Bedroom

Echoing the sentiments of everyone before me. Just here to say I'd be mortified and livid! Hopefully they eventually take notice of this post and do enough to make up for it.

VISITS TO WDW
1990, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

DCL TRIPS
05/18 Fantasy, 12/18 Magic VMC, 03/19 Wonder, 10/19 Wonder HOTHS, 1/20 Fantasy SWDAS
BOOKED: 09/20 Dream HOTHS, 01/21 Magic MDAS, 01/21 Fantasy SWDAS

Home Resorts: BWV, BCV, AKV, SSR, BLT, PVB
MagicAllAroundUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:48 AM   #94
bakerworld
Grand Villa

my eldest is staying at BLT over President's Weekend. It would almost be worth it to have housekeeping walk in on them - of course the legal fees to get them out of jail would be inconvenient.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:24 AM   #95
IRISHGRANDAD
Studio

Location: WHERE IRISH EYES ARE SMILING BWV,OKW,SSR,BELFAST IRELAND/UK
Angry I can barely remember

But will tell the story anyway.
On my first trip abroad to Majorca in the Mediterranean fell asleep in the sun and got a red, roaring IRISH tan. after downing a bottle of Black Bush to dull the pain fell asleep on the bed naked only to be woken up by giggling from the housekeeper bringing back her mates for a view.
What some people will do for attention.