home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-12-2018, 11:23 AM   #11
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Oh, I have had a couple CMs who didn't know stuff. And one, in particular, who really messed me up by not knowing that you can bank transferred points. I even had her pull up the rules on transfer which I had pulled up on the DVC member site. She agreed that it appeared we could bank but she tried to do it and it wouldn't work so she swore I couldn't bank them but had no answer why. I ended up booking a stay with them for the last week before they expired (booked Memorial weekend and they were June UY) so I could use them, but wanted to book two weeks later (mid June). My DDs graduated HS AND we moved to another state the week before the trip and I had wanted a couple more weeks to get all that stuff settled and have time to really prepare for the trip. And the week I ended up booking, over Memorial weekend, was crowded plus airfare was high. So she really messed me up. Though, I should have hung up and called MS again to get another CM who knew what to do. I won't make that mistake again.

DVC since 2006- own at OKW, HHI and BWV
LAURA's next trip(s):
2018- May 15-19 at HHI, Oct 5-6 at CCV before Oct 6-14 CCL Horizon
2019- Jan 4-12 RCCL Grandeur OTS and March 3-6 at BWV & 6-9 at ???
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:30 PM   #12
BLTMouse
Studio

The problem with doing it is time. It usually takes longer to get connected to a requested CM than a random one. And, if you are calling for a reservation at 9:00 am on the dot, time is of the essence.
BLTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #13
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Today I was on the phone with a fabulous CM.
I called with a simple task of adding people to our reservation and ended up asking a multitude of questions because she was so approachable.
The conversation moved on to managing two upcoming reservations with family.

Score!

She gave me her extension, and I asked what happens if she is unavailable.
As others have said, it just rolls to the next CM.
Totally understandable, but hey, itís a shot at someone you think knows their stuff.

Totally made my day.
Happy Disney planning is always a good thing!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #14
pdude81
Grand Villa

Have done it both ways. Usually the cream of the crop are already on the phone, so you can either wait it out or choose to go to whoever is available.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #15
BEAM4DVC
One Bedroom

I have a list of 4 who were amazing! Along with their extensions, I've listed their days off. I'll try one of them, but will simply roll to the next available if they are busy - which is generally what happens. If I don't think a CM is capable of dealing with my needs, I politely end the conversation and call back.
BEAM4DVC is offline   Reply With Quote