home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Default Crazy Rich Asians

My friends took me to the movies today. I have done nothing by cry since my Polly was murdered by a pit bull.

The movie was Rich Crazy Asians which I had not heard of. It was wonderful. I actually laughed for the first time since Sunday. It was a sort of Pretty Woman with out prostitution and with Asians .

It is charming and visually lovely. You will never think of Asian men in the same way again. I also now have first class on Singapore airlines on my bucket list .

The only famous actress is the captain from Star Trek Discovery Michelle Yeoh . But even the non actress and actors did a great job. I especially loved the comedian whose name I can not begin to spell. It is something like Awkefina . She wore a blond wig and had all the best lines .

I can’t wait to see it again . And again

Last edited by Shewill; 08-16-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Shewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
My friends took me to the movies today. I have done nothing by cry since my Polly was murdered by a pit bull.

The movie was Rich Crazy Asians which I had not heard of. It was wonderful. I actually laughed for the first time since Sunday. It was a sort of Pretty Woman with out prostitution and with Asians .

It is charming and visually lovely. You will never think of Asian men in the same way again. I also now have first class on Singapore airlines on my bucket list .

The only famous actress is the captain from Star Trek Discovery Michelle something. I need to learn her name. But even the non actress and actors did a great job. I especially loved the comedian whose name I can not begin to spell. It is something like Awkefina . She wore a blond wig and had all the best lines .

I canít wait to see it again . And again
Iím so glad that you got out and had a good time today! You really needed that. And thanks for the heads up on the movie. Iíll have to check it out!
Old 08-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #3
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

This is on my list of movies to see. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
brp
Add-on Aficionado

This is the second mention I've heard for this today. I just finished a two-day executive management seminar focused on Asians at upper management levels (the managers there were about 75% Asian, and I was one of the 25%, but learned some cool stuff). After connecting with one of the coaches on LinkedIn, he mentioned that he was going to this.

And signed himself as

Larry
Crazy Asian

Cheers.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:47 PM   #5
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Has any one ever flown first class to Asia ? I wonder if is really is that elegant
Old 08-16-2018, 09:49 PM   #6
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
Has any one ever flown first class to Asia ? I wonder if is really is that elegant
Yes. It depends upon the definition of "elegant." I found it overbearing. I would take a sip of wine and there was someone obsequiously waiting to refill. Just don't like that level of service.

Cheers.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:43 PM   #7
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Yes. It depends upon the definition of "elegant." I found it overbearing. I would take a sip of wine and there was someone obsequiously waiting to refill. Just don't like that level of service.

Cheers.
That would drive me nuts! I donít like being ignored, but I donít want anyone hovering over me either.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:57 PM   #8
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post

Cheers.
I would adore every second of it. Pajamas on a flight. Oh me oh myhttps://www.topmiles.com/blog/article/73/my--16-000-christmas-flight-on-singapore-airlines-first-class-suites-for--480

Last edited by Shewill; 08-17-2018 at 02:13 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:14 AM   #9
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado

https://www.topmiles.com/blog/articl...uites-for--480
Old 08-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #10
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Shewill. Sorry to hear about this terrible, terrible, tragic event!

Glad to hear you laughed a little and your friends were able to get you out of the house. I have heard of that movie. The trailers looked funny. It seemed like it could fall in the My Crazy Greek Wedding category.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote