home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-07-2018, 05:50 PM   #1
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Default MCO Hyatt, Who knew!

For as many times as I have hustled on my mission through MCO, I never realized that there was a Hyatt hotel right there!
What the?
I had blinders on getting to the magic express I guess.
Has anyone stayed there? Good, bad, indifferent?
We like to stay at BWI hotels before our early flight in to MCO generally.
Start the vacay with leisure that way. Do park and fly.
On our return. We like to have time to settle in before the rat race returns, laundry etc.
We have always left Disney on a morning flight.
We tried a afternoon once and it was just to hectic getting home and settled in.
Now thinking that this may be the way to exit.
Stay the day at Disney, head to the airport and leave early the next day.
How do you do it? Just curious.
JudieHopps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:56 PM   #2
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Love MCO Hyatt!! We have stayed there three times pre-cruise. Great stay. I can usually get a good rate by booking 11-9 months out.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:16 PM   #3
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

My brother in law has stayed there and said it was great. We are going to try it the night before the next cruise. We were going to do this before a last minute trip in April but the prices were high last minute.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #4
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Yes we love the Hyatt MCO .... we stayed there the night before our June 2017 WDW stay. ... yes we booked it 9 - 11 months out too. ... We tryed several yrs back on Hotwire to get a great rate and stay there, but we got a great rate and was assigned Hotel intercontinental (which is a nice stay and hotel) (we just used the free shuttle from there to MCO to get magical express)
.... so this last time, we wanted to make sure we stayed at the Hyatt, so we booked directly with them (was just as cheap as going thru expedia, ect.) But to get the good rate, i believe we had to pay the internet rate (which is non-refundable) .... glad we did, we really enjoyed it
.... Good luck with your decision
.... we also pd more to get a runway view, enjoyed that too, and the room was quiet at night (good sleep)

WDW

Last edited by Indy; 05-07-2018 at 09:34 PM.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:32 AM   #5
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Love MCO Hyatt!! We have stayed there three times pre-cruise. Great stay. I can usually get a good rate by booking 11-9 months out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
My brother in law has stayed there and said it was great. We are going to try it the night before the next cruise. We were going to do this before a last minute trip in April but the prices were high last minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Yes we love the Hyatt MCO .... we stayed there the night before our June 2017 WDW stay. ... yes we booked it 9 - 11 months out too. ... We tryed several yrs back on Hotwire to get a great rate and stay there, but we got a great rate and was assigned Hotel intercontinental (which is a nice stay and hotel) (we just used the free shuttle from there to MCO to get magical express)
.... so this last time, we wanted to make sure we stayed at the Hyatt, so we booked directly with them (was just as cheap as going thru expedia, ect.) But to get the good rate, i believe we had to pay the internet rate (which is non-refundable) .... glad we did, we really enjoyed it
.... Good luck with your decision
.... we also pd more to get a runway view, enjoyed that too, and the room was quiet at night (good sleep)
Thank you all for the feedback!

I still canít believe we never knew it was there. Could be a good way to end our trip. I can definitely see were it be perfect for before a cruise.

Great tips on booking at 9-11 months out. Not surprising since everything else works that way.

Iím sure we will give it a try.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:43 PM   #6
rer1972
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Yes, have stayed multiple times pre-trip and post trip. Has always been top notch, and makes for a nice relaxing start to a trip. We'll get in on later flights, and stay the night. Then we just head down to DME, and start our trip earlier in the morning that we would have by arriving the night before.

I believe they also have day use rooms available if you don't need a room for the night. Just to rest, clean up, etc before/after a flight/cruise/trip.

Boulder Ridge Villas/Villas at Wilderness Lodge (Oct 2013, Dec 2010, Sept 2009, & Dec 2008), Animal Kingdom Lodge (May 2016, Sept 2008), Vero Beach Resort (May 2016), Ft. Wilderness Camp Ground (Aug 2007 & Feb 2007), Pop Century (Dec 2010, Sept 2009, & Aug 2007), All-Star Movies (2006), Dolphin Resort (1998), Off-Site (2002, 1999, 1996, 1994, & 1992)
rer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #7
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rer1972 View Post
Yes, have stayed multiple times pre-trip and post trip. Has always been top notch, and makes for a nice relaxing start to a trip. We'll get in on later flights, and stay the night. Then we just head down to DME, and start our trip earlier in the morning that we would have by arriving the night before.

I believe they also have day use rooms available if you don't need a room for the night. Just to rest, clean up, etc before/after a flight/cruise/trip.
We are finding that doing airport stays just help launch the vacation... now maybe on exit too!

Very cool about day use rooms, I will check that out too!
Thank you!