home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Other Vacations After Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-22-2020, 03:06 PM   #1
iflyjetzzz
One Bedroom

Default Upcoming non-Disney vacations

I have been wanting to go to Egypt for close to a decade - never seemed like a good time. It's probably still not a good time, but I'm going there for ~10 days in early January with a bunch of relatives.

I will probably go to Peru/Machu Picchu (been there before) with my son and a nephew in February.

There are countries where we can go, and the word I'm getting is that there aren't many tourists so it'll be nice to go to places that aren't overcrowded.

https://petergreenberg.com/2020/12/1...vel-right-now/

I expect a flood of vacationers worldwide in a few months, once the vaccine has been widely distributed. I'd like to beat the rush.
iflyjetzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:49 PM   #2
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Anybody been to Turks & Cacos (sp?) - is there anything to do there beside beach and bar? DH's boss keeps telling him we'll love it. Seems like a long flight for the large bar bill.
Old 12-22-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Anybody been to Turks & Caicos - is there anything to do there beside beach and bar? DH's boss keeps telling him we'll love it. Seems like a long flight for the large bar bill.

Beach, bar (sometimes combined), scuba/snorkeling.......that about sums it up for me.
Old 12-22-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyjetzzz View Post
I have been wanting to go to Egypt for close to a decade - never seemed like a good time. It's probably still not a good time, but I'm going there for ~10 days in early January with a bunch of relatives.

I will probably go to Peru/Machu Picchu (been there before) with my son and a nephew in February.

Egypt has always been on my list of places to see. I don't see myself ever going there at this point of my life.

Post a mini-trip report, show me some pics when you get back.
Old 12-22-2020, 04:12 PM   #5
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Beach, bar (sometimes combined), scuba/snorkeling.......that about sums it up for me.
Thanks - solves that issue
Old 12-22-2020, 04:47 PM   #6
iflyjetzzz
One Bedroom

Quote:
Spot on.

Quote:
Egypt has always been on my list of places to see. I don't see myself ever going there at this point of my life.

Post a mini-trip report, show me some pics when you get back.
Will do. I've put this off for sooo many excuses that I finally committed to it with a bunch of relatives so I can't back out.
iflyjetzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 04:57 PM   #7
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

We're just waiting for the world to open again and keep moving trips forward.

Spring 2021 (not very hopeful this will happen) Italy, River cruise in and around Germany, Paris
Fall 2021 ( we're holding out hope for this one) London, Paris and Ireland. I think the London /Paris portion will include an ABV trip so maybe that counts as Disney.
Spring 2022 - (The world better be open or we have bigger problems than traveling) Northern Italy then a small boat (65 people) cruise starting in Rome and ending in the Greek isles.
Winter 2022 Rhine river cruise for the Christmas Markets. This will be a repeat trip since we really loved the first one we did.

Adding lots of continental US trips in between the Europe trips.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:11 PM   #8
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

For 2021.....
We only have three Non-Disney trips planned.

In May, we are heading to USVI St John for our Anniversary.

In July, the family is going to The Atlantis, in the Bahamas (maybe).
In December, We are going to Asheville (Biltmore), followed by a few days in Pigeon Forge....Doing Christmas stuff in mountain cabins with friends.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:12 PM   #9
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Egypt sounds awesome!!

Definitely post a report or pictures or both

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 05:14 PM   #10
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJacksFamily View Post
Spring 2021 (not very hopeful this will happen) Italy, River cruise in and around Germany, Paris
Fall 2021 ( we're holding out hope for this one) London, Paris and Ireland. I think the London /Paris portion will include an ABV trip so maybe that counts as Disney.
Spring 2022 - (The world better be open or we have bigger problems than traveling) Northern Italy then a small boat (65 people) cruise starting in Rome and ending in the Greek isles.
Winter 2022 Rhine river cruise for the Christmas Markets. This will be a repeat trip since we really loved the first one we did.

Good luck with those 2021 plans....With the virus and related shut-downs and restrictions, I hate to even begin planning overseas travel.

Our May trip for our Anniversary started out big and bold, and after umpteen changes, we settled on USVI St John. Being a US territory, we should have no issues getting in.