home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2019, 05:30 PM   #1
gopherit
Grand Villa

Default If you heard a scream @ 5:58am CT, that was me

So I woke up at 5 am and got online bright and early today to make FP ressies for our Dec trip. And then... at about 5:58 am, just as I'm poised to make our selections... Holy crap, whassup with MDE? First it freaked me out by telling me my party was not linked. (Mad scramble to review MDE travel plans ensues.. but the gang's all there and accounted for. Go figure...) Then it said maybe it's the ticket media. I check that. That's fine... So then it seems like it's gonna let me select a FP, but bait and switched me, saying "you already have plans at that time." (Umm, no I don't... that's why I'm here, now, trying to make them!? And unsuccessfully, I might add!)

Throughout the process of trying to line up FPs for all 9 of us across our 7-day trip, MDE would periodically spasm and say we didn't have tickets... certain group members didn't belong... we already had plans at that hour... it was so nerve-wracking, I needed a drink (and a new computer) by 6:45am.

That said... I did manage to (FINALLY) get most all the key FPs set, at times we wanted. And at first, it seemed like perhaps I had over-reacted, because there WAS a fair degree of availability... but by the time I got up from the computer not even an hour later, most of the key events were running low or out of FP's, so I'm guessing it's gonna be a BUSY week! Is the FP segment of the app always this sketchy? Or did I just catch it on a bad day? (And what the heck do offsite peeps do, if it's this bad at 60 days out?)

Also... it amused me what went first. Totally expected things like FOP and SDD and even good ol' Space Mtn to go quickly. What I didn't expect was Monsters Laugh Floor to disappear? Don't get me wrong - I LOVE it - but didn't expect that it would go before mine train and space and everything else at MK!
Old 10-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #2
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Ugh!
Crazy stressful for sure!
Glad you snagged most of what you were looking for... and I agree, Disney IT does not make it easy!

Geez,I just want to log in and book things; not refresh, reboot, find a different browser and then see seven dwarves say were working on it!

Its all crazy Fun!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #3
gopherit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieHopps View Post

Geez,I just want to log in and book things; not refresh, reboot, find a different browser and then see seven dwarves say were working on it!
No dwarves for me, I just keep getting a decapitated Olaf...
Old 10-15-2019, 07:51 PM   #4
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

It never occurs to me when I'm grabbing FPs at 7AM, that in other parts of the country it is 6AM, 5AM, or 4AM! I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted. In answer to your question, maybe offsite people are happy to get anything they can -- I know I would be.

But Laugh Floor?! Seriously? It's always been a walk-on for me if I just get in line 15 min early. Perhaps at busier times of year it's not as easy.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:47 PM   #5
MMC1
Grand Villa

Laugh Floor has a holiday spin for the party events . Maybe guests are trying to book for the HoHoHo laughs?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:49 PM   #6
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

So sorry to hear that your FP+ booking experience went the way it did. I usually get lucky being able to get the FP+ I want for reasonable times, but it is always a stressful, adrenaline filled process that is just compounded by needing to get up before the sun (5am in my case) to book them. The Disney IT glitches don't help anything either! I have read in other posts on MO that Tuesday's are notorious for glitches. I think because Saturday's are the biggest check-in day, so Tuesday would be the busiest FP+ booking day. I guess they just get overloaded. I think I'll start arriving on a different day for that reason

Anyway, glad the stress of FP+ booking is behind you and that you are happy with your selections!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:57 PM   #7
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherit View Post
So I woke up at 5 am and got online bright and early today to make FP ressies for our Dec trip. And then... at about 5:58 am, just as I'm poised to make our selections... Holy crap, whassup with MDE? First it freaked me out by telling me my party was not linked. (Mad scramble to review MDE travel plans ensues.. but the gang's all there and accounted for. Go figure...) Then it said maybe it's the ticket media. I check that. That's fine... So then it seems like it's gonna let me select a FP, but bait and switched me, saying "you already have plans at that time." (Umm, no I don't... that's why I'm here, now, trying to make them!? And unsuccessfully, I might add!)

Throughout the process of trying to line up FPs for all 9 of us across our 7-day trip, MDE would periodically spasm and say we didn't have tickets... certain group members didn't belong... we already had plans at that hour... it was so nerve-wracking, I needed a drink (and a new computer) by 6:45am.

That said... I did manage to (FINALLY) get most all the key FPs set, at times we wanted. And at first, it seemed like perhaps I had over-reacted, because there WAS a fair degree of availability... but by the time I got up from the computer not even an hour later, most of the key events were running low or out of FP's, so I'm guessing it's gonna be a BUSY week! Is the FP segment of the app always this sketchy? Or did I just catch it on a bad day? (And what the heck do offsite peeps do, if it's this bad at 60 days out?)

Also... it amused me what went first. Totally expected things like FOP and SDD and even good ol' Space Mtn to go quickly. What I didn't expect was Monsters Laugh Floor to disappear? Don't get me wrong - I LOVE it - but didn't expect that it would go before mine train and space and everything else at MK!
Sound like my experience. I was up at 4a PT and spent over an hour wrestling with the system trying to get rides and times I wanted. Couldnt het SDD or FOP. Finally gave up but was able to plug things in better later in the day. I wont be getting up early next time.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:38 AM   #8
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:

That first error message(s) is because you were on before the 6am mark. That’s always the case before your window opens, even by nano seconds.

The rest of it? Tuesday glitches are definitely a thing. But I think it’s to do with the timing of the MDE “updates” as well as being a busy day for FP booking.

Glad you got more-or-less what you wanted.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #9
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

That's really frustrating. We booked ours a little before you did and had a couple issues. There was one time that it showed me as having four fastpasses on a day after I had modified the time on one. A quick refresh corrected it. More frustrating was when it wouldn't allow me to book passes for half of my group due to overlapping times. The problem was that the times overlapped with different people in my group - none of which were going to be doing both rides. I was able to "fix" it, but it was still annoying.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get what you wanted. It can already be stressful and MDE fouling up certainly doesn't help.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #10
E2ME2
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:

Now you have made me NERVOUS! We have a group of 9, going in January 2020, and we have already had some interesting issues getting all of us sorted within the MDE APP Initially, when adding my Son & DIL, because he is named after me (the 3rd), they erroneously set him as primary and even sent our welcome envelope to his address! (I hope the Magic Bands go to the right address). Finally we got that sorted out, but then I was unable to pick the Disney Avatars for all of us. Next obstacle was getting my 3 granddaughters aligned under my Daughter & SIL, and giving them control within their App. I actually had to have the MDE HelpDesk folks move things 'behind the curtain". We just got all our tickets purchased, and we're going to get together soon to plan for our FPs; so we are really hoping that will work!